There are 166 users in the forums

Any update on Willis and Soapaga injuries?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis sprained his ankle Sunday, but San Francisco does not consider the injury to be serious.

Ouch. I would consider sitting Willis to let it heal 100%.

Yeah, we should just sit anybody on the squad to has been nicked up. Better safe than sorry. 2-2 won't be a bad record.

f that
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers Harbaugh says injury news on P. WIllis & I. Sopoaga "turned out good" for both those guys. Didn't elaborate. Both had xrays last nt
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers Harbaugh says injury news on P. WIllis & I. Sopoaga "turned out good" for both those guys. Didn't elaborate. Both had xrays last nt

I'm hopeful but that don't mean sh*t coming from Harbaugh. Said the same thing about Jacobs and Ginn. They are still out.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I'm hopeful but that don't mean sh*t coming from Harbaugh. Said the same thing about Jacobs and Ginn. They are still out.

Yep "Negative" only means there is no definitive, glaring damage (torn ligaments or broken bones), yet Jacobs has been out 4 weeks with a sprained knee. Same with Ginn, no one even knows what it is because JH's secrets but its almost definitely the same injury suffered during the saints game last year.

Negative only means it isn't season ending, but it could mean a month of missed time. See last years PWilley injury for proof.
Originally posted by susweel:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis sprained his ankle Sunday, but San Francisco does not consider the injury to be serious.

Yeah, we should just sit anybody on the squad to has been nicked up. Better safe than sorry. 2-2 won't be a bad record.

f that

LOL this
Didn't they get a big run on the play after soap went out?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Didn't they get a big run on the play after soap went out?

yup, right up the middle.
Originally posted by sfout:
Yep "Negative" only means there is no definitive, glaring damage (torn ligaments or broken bones), yet Jacobs has been out 4 weeks with a sprained knee. Same with Ginn, no one even knows what it is because JH's secrets but its almost definitely the same injury suffered during the saints game last year.

Negative only means it isn't season ending, but it could mean a month of missed time. See last years PWilley injury for proof.

Brandon Jacobs was on crutches immediately after the game. Willis was seen walking without a limp.

The Jets lost Revis so I say let's make it fair and sit Willis.

We can win most games without Willis. I say save him for giants game if its serious.
I think the injuries are a non issue...I read Patricks mouth stating "im all right" after the game to someone dressed in Niners gear...

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
The Jets lost Revis so I say let's make it fair and sit Willis.

We can win most games without Willis. I say save him for giants game if its serious.

I think you are undervaluing what P willis allows the rest of our defense to do
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Brandon Jacobs was on crutches immediately after the game. Willis was seen walking without a limp.

And your point is? Jacobs sprained his knee of course he'd be on crutches. Willis could have a stinger, you dont need a walking boot or crutches for those. I also remember reading that he was "walking gingerly" as the popular description is for someone moving with a slight hobble.

Point still stands the media sources saying x-rays were "negative" only means it isn't torn ligaments/tendons or broke bones but it could be a myriad of other injuries such as stingers, pulled muscles, strains, whatever.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

f that
I also say f that.

Where is Jacobs and Ginn. Enough rest already. This is the NFL not MLB where you sit out because of a hang nail. Concussions? BAAHH I use to walk 6 miles in three feet of snow to school every morning with two concussions. Wimps.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by DirtyP:

And your point is? Jacobs sprained his knee of course he'd be on crutches. Willis could have a stinger, you dont need a walking boot or crutches for those. I also remember reading that he was "walking gingerly" as the popular description is for someone moving with a slight hobble.

Point still stands the media sources saying x-rays were "negative" only means it isn't torn ligaments/tendons or broke bones but it could be a myriad of other injuries such as stingers, pulled muscles, strains, whatever.

It was a Sprained Ankle. Thats why "walking without a limp" means something.
I really hope we don't lose Sopoaga did anybody notice that Peterson had about 50 something yards rushing the whole game until Sopoaga got taken out in the fourth quarter then he got that 20 yard run to make his day look better than it really was. SMH and all these pros keep saying we didn't contain Peterson lol people just don't like the NINERS man. I think We can afford to sit willis for a week but i think we really need Sopoaga out there .We just came in to Minnesota to flat and cocky thinking that just by flexing our muscles and and flashing our logo we would just win the game with no problem.. That was very un characteristic of us to treat the Vikings in the way teams treated us not to long ago. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN I GUARANTEE IT.
Share 49ersWebzone