There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

smith or kaper

There's no qb controversy here! just curious on what you guys think. I know the season is young, but based on what we've seen from Alex do you guys believe he is still a stop gap or is he our qb for the future?? Who would you rather have run the show in the future kaper or smith?? Your thoughts
He's 2nd in the league with a 115 QB rating.

430 yds 4 TDs 0 INTs in 2 games.

Case closed!
Kaep will end up being traded
This thread is not going to turn out good

But...I think he is the QB for at least his contract. Barring inury. The more comfortable he gets in the system, the more there is going to be no need for a project like Kaep. in the back ground.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
As long as he doesn't screw up in the playoffs or wins us the SB, he's our QB for the future. One mistake and he's probably gone.
Alex is just a stop gab until Kap is ready.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Get him in at the end of the year when we're 13-1 and clinched home field.

Let him run wild on tired defenses for a couple of games.

Then do the Kolb/Flynn thing and flip him for a 2nd.

No way, he is under contract for 2012,2013 and 2014 at a very good cap rate. His ability to be a threat as a back up, and make teams practice D for the modified pistol makes him valuable. For the first time in years I love the qb's of Smith, Kaepernick and Tolzien, don't screw it up.
Alex is our quarterback. nuff said.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:

how about no. i say we dont f**k up like the packers did when they rested rodgers and got bounced in their first playoff game. and why trade kaep so early? hes under contract for a few years at a low salary and he looks like he could start so keep him for insurance
yea I agree with keeping all three of them! You never know when some one can get hurt! It's been along time since we've had a quality back up
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

how about no. i say we dont f**k up like the packers did when they rested rodgers and got bounced in their first playoff game. and why trade kaep so early? hes under contract for a few years at a low salary and he looks like he could start so keep him for insurance

I was joking.

We're not going to lose a game

Probably not this year but if Kaep comes in some plays this year and next and displays NFL caliber throwing to go with his elite arm and running ability, because of what Harbaugh has done with Smith I can see Kaep being traded for a very high first round pick to a team desperate for a starting QB.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Sep 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM ]