There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Big Play Ability

  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,347
The problem is in the gameplan. This team plays extremely safe because they believe in the defense so much. Until something changes and our defense sucks, we can expect to see the same super safe play on offense.
Originally posted by DVDA:
The problem is in the gameplan. This team plays extremely safe because they believe in the defense so much. Until something changes and our defense sucks, we can expect to see the same super safe play on offense.

like they did today?
Big play means Jumbo packages to our coaches. I fkn hate it
Time for Alex to throw three 80 yard TD's for Manningham's return back to Jersey
Originally posted by DVDA:
The problem is in the gameplan. This team plays extremely safe because they believe in the defense so much. Until something changes and our defense sucks, we can expect to see the same super safe play on offense.

We learned today we can't always depend on the defense. Don't get me wrong, the defense is excellent but there will be teams like today where they will have the defenses number. This was the day our offense needed to win the game for us and they didn't do that. We have all these weapons on offense and don't even use them. Its almost a waste of the signings. Its great to play conservative, but only when you have the lead. We didn't have the lead at all today.
Maybe this game will make them realize that our defense isnt invincible so they might be a little bit more aggressive than usual.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Maybe this game will make them realize that our defense isnt invincible so they might be a little bit more aggressive than usual.

agreed. We can't always rely on 8-10 play drives in games like today when we're trailing.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 23, 2012 at 5:46 PM ]
You actually have to call big plays to have them. The coaching staff does not escape blame here. This game was WAY too conservative and didn't challenge the Vikings banged up safeties consistently.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
You actually have to call big plays to have them. The coaching staff does not escape blame here. This game was WAY too conservative and didn't challenge the Vikings banged up safeties consistently.

Totally agree. We just never got the tempo up.
...