There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone else feel the inactive list was interesting for Sunday vs. Detroit??

The 49ers where one of the teams that kept 3 qb's for the year. The other teams with 3 qb's all had their third qb as an inactive player for Sunday. What would the point of the niners have for having Tolzien on the active roster for the game??

From the inactive list below, I would think Lemichael James could be active, becvause Jacobs is injured, so the more RB's the better?? Or AJ Jenkins, but to keep the third qb on seems just odd to me.

49ers - WR A.J. Jenkins, WR Ted Ginn, Jr., RB LaMichael James, RB Brandon Jacobs, G Joe Looney, TE Garrett Celek, DT Ian WilliamsRead more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/16/3818164/nfl-inactives-sunday-september.html#storylink=cpy
Lee has a hurt thumb and Tolzien is the backup holder, they wanted insurance just in case Lee couldnt do his job as holder
One of the announcers said we kept Tolzien active for holding duties if Andy Lee's thumb got worse.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Lee has a hurt thumb and Tolzien is the backup holder, they wanted insurance just in case Lee couldnt do his job as holder

beat me to it
Baalke drafted two busts who aren't even good enough to dress for games.
it's easy

That Detroit D-Line is big and heavy and takes cheap shots

JH was thinking of the worst

Edit : and the being the holder like above
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM ]
Threads like this let you know who actually watched the game.
Because if Tolzien
  • sfout
  • Veteran
What is so interesting about Tolzien not being inactive. 2 injured players being active, 2 rookies with no defined role, and 3 others buried at the bottom of absolutely stacked positions? Only reason Looney, Williams, Celek, or even Jenkins wasn't active was because of Lee's injury.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Threads like this let you know who actually watched the game.

Watched the game in a golf course bar after playing a tournament with my son. We could watch, but could not hear the announcers, which sometimes is not a bad thing.

Now I understand why Tolzien was active, and hope to see AJ jenkins and Lemichael James make strides in practice to get to see the field in 2012,.
only surprise to me is that we haven't utilized LMJ
I couldnt be happier after two weeks of the NFL season.....but I do find it interesting/concerning that we have gotten absolutely NOTHING out of any of our draft picks.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I couldnt be happier after two weeks of the NFL season.....but I do find it interesting/concerning that we have gotten absolutely NOTHING out of any of our draft picks.
I'm not sure why you should be surprised. We are already a SB quality team on which it would be difficult for a rookie to find playing time.
We return all 11 starters on a defense that is perhaps the best in the league, with quality backups in almost every position. I'll give you that maybe a cb or safety might have received some playing time, but unlikely.
On offense, how was any rookie going to get any playing time early given how difficult the offense is to learn and how may veterans with more than 3 years experience are playing in front of them? By mid season maybe, but this early. Not at QB, RB, WR or TE. A rookie tackle playing instead of Staley. Although I wish we could have done that. Was there one available? Maybe a center, but given that that is the guy who makes all of the line calls in a complicated offense, doubtful. This isn't the team of even 2 years ago where we still hads lots of holes.
We drafted for the future and the guys we drafted, if they deserve it, will get playing time in the future.
Just mho.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
stop reading the inactive list from a Kansas City newspaper
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

the only thing you should be interested in is the Niners' depth. it's why no rookies have been able to contribute.