There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers' O-line not impressed with Lions front four

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
WHo was that that was with VD and blocked the guy all the way to the sideline? That was probably one of my top plays tbh. If I'm not mistaken the guy(lions) got up and retaliated, ohh yeah he pushed our players head to the ground. Ref was right there, how are these multiple cheap shots not getting called? And it's not like it's anything new, it's been going on for a while now.

Or the guy that tackled AD by the back of his helmet, right in front of a ref.

1st and 10 at DET 23 W.Tukuafu reported in as eligible. F.Gore up the middle to DET 20 for 3 yards (J.Wendling).
Iupati pulls right and takes out the SLB penetrating in... Goodwin angles out the RDT... Boone neutralizes the LDT with power... because of Boone's quick victory, AD quickly turns attention to block LB 2nd level... FB Tuku gets the other LB... Walker and VD drive the LE away... the S ws playing in the box.. might have been the time for a pass audible here, but 3 yds doesn't suck

How Avril didn't get flagged for such an obvious shove with both hands to the helmet of Walker? I'll never understand. The ref was looking RIGHT AT THEM
Originally posted by oldman9er:
WHo was that that was with VD and blocked the guy all the way to the sideline? That was probably one of my top plays tbh. If I'm not mistaken the guy(lions) got up and retaliated, ohh yeah he pushed our players head to the ground. Ref was right there, how are these multiple cheap shots not getting called? And it's not like it's anything new, it's been going on for a while now.

1st and 10 at DET 23 W.Tukuafu reported in as eligible. F.Gore up the middle to DET 20 for 3 yards (J.Wendling).
Iupati pulls right and takes out the SLB penetrating in... Goodwin angles out the RDT... Boone neutralizes the LDT with power... because of Boone's quick victory, AD quickly turns attention to block LB 2nd level... FB Tuku gets the other LB... Walker and VD drive the LE away... the S ws playing in the box.. might have been the time for a pass audible here, but 3 yds doesn't suck

How Avril didn't get flagged for such an obvious shove with both hands to the helmet of Walker? I'll never understand. The ref was looking RIGHT AT THEM

It was either Avril or Suh who also did the tackle by the helmet as well.
I'll be honest, I was not too impressed with our OL last night. Even Alex was a bit pissed with some of the screwups.

1. Botched shotgun snap by Goodwin.
2. Blocking screwup which frees up Suh for a clean shot at Smith.
3. A play later, Alex has microsecond to get rid of it before Suh is in his breadbasket.
4. 3rd and 1, and the line gets zero push and Gore gets stopped short.
Stay classy SF
Originally posted by kray28:
I'll be honest, I was not too impressed with our OL last night. Even Alex was a bit pissed with some of the screwups.

3. A play later, Alex has microsecond to get rid of it before Suh is in his breadbasket.

If the line played perfect, I could play running back and/or quarterback for the 49ers. The line dominated Detroit the whole game. Perfection on the O-line is asking for the impossible. Not even the Dallas O-line of the 90's played perfect.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

It was either Avril or Suh who also did the tackle by the helmet as well.

It was Avril. Dirty ass motha-f**ker.
I like the bit of swagger and confidence they seem to be having on the Oline, but lets stay humble. Give Every team we destroy their props and move on. We are simply that good. No need for us to be the NFL's judge on talent level in the NFL. If you didnt know we already have a huge Bullseye on our backs. Eveery team in the league wants to be the ones to take us down this season. Stay the course.

Anthony Davis....Im Glad he is a niner LOL.
AD f**king rules! that's all.
Let's just not have a let down and let Jared Allen have a re-birth
Anthony Davis is the damn manzzzz!!!
Originally posted by boast:
AD f**king rules! that's all.

Dude gives so much swagger to the o-line. Love it.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Im not sure who is more overrated.. Suh or Stafford?

Definitely Suh.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Im not sure who is more overrated.. Suh or Stafford?

Stafford for sure. I think Calvin makes him look a lot better than he really is.
I'm pretty sure they just talked s**t about it because everyone in the NFL is tired of Detroit running their mouths when they haven't done much. Espicially Suh. And is true about their after-the-play BS they pull.
Originally posted by kray28:

the botched shotgun is rare for a center that experienced. It wasnt a negative play so we can move past this mistake a little easier.

It was either that one or the one where Iupati was blocking another guy who went scot free to Alex who avoided him but got cleaned up by Suh. Occasionally maybe three snaps out of the total 60+ snaps did our linemen get beat. In the pass game Alex generally had ample time to throw.

on the 3rd and short we got a huge push i thought, tukuafu made a great block ( This guy has serious skill) but the lions DL made a great play diving sideways to get Gore. Things like that do happen. Overall against a line that was so so hyped up i thought they did brilliant and made them look ordinary.

So say were ranking Dlines...where would you rank them in terms of pass rush?

1.Giants
2. SF
3. Chicago
4. Ravens when fully healthy
5.Steelers when fully healthy
6.Eagles
7. Lions?
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM ]