LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I want blood after the Favre game. f**k that!

YES IM STILL BITTER!
  • mod
  • Veteran
31-6
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:

YES IM STILL BITTER!

has it been that long?
Originally posted by NickV:

Think about it this way: if we won that game, we probably would have made the playoffs that year. Then we would probably be still wading in the Singletary quagmire. So, in 20/20 hindsight, it was beneficial so we can have a better franchise now.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Think about it this way: if we won that game, we probably would have made the playoffs that year. Then we would probably be still wading in the Singletary quagmire. So, in 20/20 hindsight, it was beneficial so we can have a better franchise now.

Yes, I think of that all the time. Us having Harbaugh now is much better than us watching him coach up someone else from afar
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if they win (which they should) it shows the team's focus. If they lose, it'll refocus them going on and Harbaugh may light a practice squadder on fire.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by darkknight49:
if they win (which they should) it shows the team's focus. If they lose, it'll refocus them going on and Harbaugh may light a practice squadder on fire.

what's this "they" stuff? It's WE! WEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

what's this "they" stuff? It's WE! WEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll either be 'this' game, or the Buffalo game that'll go like the Tampa meeting last year.

It's going to be a slaughter.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It'll either be 'this' game, or the Buffalo game that'll go like the Tampa meeting last year.

hopefully minus a WR breaking their leg.
FFS Harbaugh is not losing to Sing
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Hmm, interesting. It is still not so cut and dry. While Harbaugh IS beyond revered by the entire fanbase and deservedly so, had we made the playoffs (and we were very close in each) in one of those 3 years - '08 (terrible Michael Robinson play at Arizona), '09 (tons of heartbreaking games but we can go with the Favre game), or '10 (Clements fumble at Atlanta) you never know...so often lately the SB winner just snuck into the playoffs and it's been such a crapshoot lately. In fact, since 2005 (Steelers-Seahawks Super Bowl), the '08 Steelers (and even then, the 9 win, non-bye Cardinals probably should have won) and '09 Saints are the only teams to have earned a 1st round bye and gone on to win the Super Bowl. Meaning the past 7 years more than ever has been the epitome of a wide open postseason. Thus perhaps we could have had 1+ SB rings had we snuck in so it is an interesting thought if nothing else
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I dunno, it seems too easy....I hope the Niners don't overlook anybody.
Share 49ersWebzone