There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
tarrell brown played bump and run on one of the last drives and got beat on a slant for a first down. nothing was working for us all day

Yeah, agreed...wasn't much of a "bump" though; in fact, he was beat instantly off the LOS. Had he been right up in his face, he might have been able to throw the timing off that route, under cut it for a pick or at least defend the pass. It's not like he didn't have Whitner/Goldson playing 40 yards deep behind them just in case.

But to your point, it was just one of those games and I hope we learn from it. Humble hearts!
just shocked that we were out physicalled

esp. against the vikes

This was almost a mirror image to that f**king Cards loss last season; dome game, physically out-matched. -They forced Alex into the same mistakes (within the same manor) as the Cards did, the games are so similar it's creepy...
still pissed as f**k

that's all I've got to say
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

esp. against the vikes

This was almost a mirror image to that f**king Cards loss last season; dome game, physically out-matched. -They forced Alex into the same mistakes (within the same manor) as the Cards did, the games are so similar it's creepy...

Reminds me more of vs the Ravens but I agree.
Originally posted by BayArea:

esp. against the vikes

at least the Ravens are good
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

esp. against the vikes

Our QB did not take the beating that he took vs the Ravens. We just got beat using our formula. We helped in that we got away from the run a bit too much this game. The Ravens just straight up ambushed us whereas the Vikes just outplayed us while Ponder made great decisions before the huddle and on the run outside the pocket. They chewed up clock and our defense did not perform well at all
I had a bad feeling going into this game. Much like how I felt going into the ravens game last year. It just felt like a trap game and the niners showed it by showing up flat and looking gassed something they never do. The sun will rise tomorrow and the Niners will get better. I look forward to a rebound and a statement against the New York Tebow's
so sick of being afraid of taking shots down the field past 20 yards

It was a mirror image of how we beat teams. Just never thought I would see a lame duck coach like Leslie Frazier take Harbaugh's formula and use it to convincingly beat him with it.
[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
so sick of being afraid of taking shots down the field past 20 yards

+1
oh no, we suck again!
I hate seeing us lose!!! This game was our wake up call, I had a feeling this game would be a trap. I think we got big headed and thought teams would just lay down for us. This game will help us stay hungry and focused!! We are fine niners do not panic yet. I feel sorry for the jets next week... On second thought no I don't. Go niners!!!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

esp. against the vikes

My point being they struggled from behind where the offense was completely shut down trying to scheme against them. Our defense kept them at bay not stopping them but keeping the game within reach and the offense unable to reward them. I think it is reasonable to keep a team within two scores on defense and expect the offense to cover the difference. We didn't except when convenient.
Originally posted by Hopper:

It was a mirror image of how we beat teams. Just never thought I would see a lame duck coach like Leslie Frazier take Harbaugh's formula and use it to convincingly beat him with it.

Leslie saw us do it to both of his division's frontrunners so he just might try it on us and on them and see if he might save his job
all around bad performance today. Including coaching. We'll bounce back.