LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by welvisdogger:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Blame goes to everyone:

Alex Smith - looked indecisive and held onto the ball too long.

O-line - just could not give Smith the time he needed at times.

Defense - horrible tackling, secondary looked lost out there too, I'd actually give a lot of the blame to the secondary.

Coaching - Seem like a horrible game plan from the start, we totally shied away from our identity, power running with an aggressive defense.

I would give most if not all of the blame to the secondary. Seriously how did Ponder find somebody wide open on EVERY 3rd down. Frustrating they couldn't cover anybody to save their lives, especially on 3rd down. As soon as our pass rush looked like they were going to get him bam he find another wide open receiver.

Rewatch the game and watch Tarell Brown. You could practically see the fumes coming off of him he was getting burnt so bad. All Freaking Game.

You must have a strong stomach to rewatch that.

T. Brown will learn, hes been pretty solid this season, Rogers, Whitner and Goldson were the ones pissing me off.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Crabtree is right. They need to match the defense. Right now the offense's not getting it done. Hopefully they learned after this loss, that the defense will in some games lean on the offense. And the offense has to be accountable when that happens.

the offense matched the defense today

that is for sure

Not good by both side of the ball. The Vikes were better today. No excuses. They made more plays.
remember when the eagles came to candlestick in '94 and destroyed the niners? it happens
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Randy Moss is 6 foot freaking 5 inches and yet our elite QB manages to over throw him twice and once he was wide open for a Td.

Unf**kingbelievable

True it was a little over thrown, but two passes don't make a game sus. And those two passes weren't the reason the vikes scored 24 points. No way, this loss falls pretty much on the secondary. Every freakin pass Ponder threw I nodded my head cause I knew it was gonna be a completion.
whitner was horrid for the first time in his niner career. we missed more tackles today than we did last year and the first two games combined, f**king tinker toy tech would have whipped us today with the "effort: given. it was like watching a sing coached team
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Randy Moss is 6 foot freaking 5 inches and yet our elite QB manages to over throw him twice and once he was wide open for a Td.

Unf**kingbelievable

True it was a little over thrown, but two passes don't make a game sus. And those two passes weren't the reason the vikes scored 24 points. No way, this loss falls pretty much on the secondary. Every freakin pass Ponder threw I nodded my head cause I knew it was gonna be a completion.

You can't expect your defense to play great every game sometimes you need your offense to win you a game. Alex can't win games without an elite defense he had many chances to step up at the end of the game but instead he folded like cheap tent.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
remember when the eagles came to candlestick in '94 and destroyed the niners? it happens
thats right. we did the same to the cowboys back in the day,, i think the eagles game was later than that in the garcia era. they did not have mcnabb so we got pretty cocky kobb kicked our ass
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Injury-report-Willis-Sopoaga-walking-fin?blockID=778019&feedID=5936

Sorry if already posted. Looks like we may have dodged another bullet. On a side note, KW isn't bad on KR, and looks better than Hunter. Would love to see Ginn and Jacobs back for the Jets game next Sunday.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Unf**kingbelievable

You can't expect your defense to play great every game sometimes you need your offense to win you a game. Alex can't win games without an elite defense he had many chances to step up at the end of the game but instead he folded like cheap tent.
yes he was not good at the end, i admit it,, it also did not help that f**king numb nuts staley could not do his job and vernon had to stay in and block. what did walker end up with ? one catch for one yard?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Remember that one like it was yesterday. Couldn't stop their offense. Nothing going on offense. It when the same way the following week agains the Lions. Steve Young crawling off the dome turf after a sack. Then suddenly everything started to click.

So they talked about a defining win. This maybe a defining loss. We will see...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Unf**kingbelievable

C'mon Sus do you really forget what Alex Smith did to the Saints in the playoffs last year?? C'mon man.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Unf**kingbelievable

C'mon Sus do you really forget what Alex Smith did to the Saints in the playoffs last year?? C'mon man.

That was one game and that was last year. And still the defense gave him five turnovers.

Unf**kingbelievable

Come on. Gore fumbled. Perhaps if he didn't things would have been different. Lots of players s**t the bed. Trying to blame Smith for this loss isn't right. He's not blameless but, again, come on.

Unf**kingbelievable

That was one game and that was last year. And still the defense gave him five turnovers.

How about Philly or thlions game? There were a bunch of comme from behind games last year.
why yall care what Sus thinks anyway? did we not know and expect him to say these things today?
No question. But the shell game offensive play calling didn't end there. It really looked like the niners were trying to put the game away and run the clock out instead of trying to mount a comeback. Horrible halftime adjustment.
Share 49ersWebzone