LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

Chilling Stat: Past six NFC champions ALL faced the AFC East during the regular season...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/10spot-12week2/what-peyton-manning-were-colt-adam-schefter-10-spot

3. Niners in NFC driver's seat?

In each of the past six seasons, an NFC team from the division that played its non-division games against the AFC East during the regular season has wound up in the Super Bowl. In 2006, the Bears played their non-division games against the AFC East and advanced to the Super Bowl; in 2007, the Giants did it; in 2008, the Cardinals did it; in 2009, the Saints did it; in 2010, the Packers did it; and last season, the Giants did it again. This season, the NFC West is slated to play its non-division games against the AFC East, which seems to mean the 49ers must be considered a favorite to become the NFC champion. So far, the trend looks right on course.

Earlier this week, ESPN analyst Merril Hoge said the 49ers -- not the Packers -- have the best offense in football. His opinion is debatable, but this much is not: When the 49ers beat the Packers, San Francisco stamped itself as the team to beat in the NFC. Until running smack into the Niners, the Packers had won an NFL-best 13 straight regular-season games in Green Bay and 19 of their past 20. Along with New Orleans and Baltimore, Green Bay was one of only three teams to go unbeaten at home during the 2011 regular season. San Francisco snapped that streak and the Packers' air of invincibility.

Plus, San Francisco's offense has some impressive stats of its own. The 49ers have gone six straight games and 26 regular-season quarters without turning over the football, and quarterback Alex Smith has not thrown an interception on his past 185 attempts.

"Well, it's a great streak to have," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. "That's one that any quarterback, any quarterback, would be proud to have. And a lot goes into that. Talent. Taking care of the ball. Knowing where everybody is on the field. Knowing defenses. And that's a heck of a streak. Like to keep that one going."

Any team that plays the type of ferocious defense the 49ers do, without turning over the football and with what Hoge calls the NFL's best offense, just might be the best team in football.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM ]
So the streak is 185 without an INT...anyone know the NFL record?
Originally posted by verb1der:

350 or something by brady.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by verb1der:

350 or something by brady.

I think it's closer to 325 but still, yeah. Its in no danger of being broken.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM ]

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/167484-why-49ers-win-least-nfccg-year/

/thread

Originally posted by zillabeast:

Record is 319 set by Brady in 2010 season.

So 134 passes remain. At this pace for Alex that's somewhere between 5-7 more games, maybe less. Not unrealistic to achieve...he came a few attempts within breaking Peyton Manning's red zone INT streak. 2nd best is Bernie Kosar with 308 passes.

If he gets it it would be awesome, but no need to worry about it in the grand scheme of things.

Funny quote regarding Brady's record:

Coach Bill Belichick said he was unaware that Brady had set the record.

"That's great," he said. "Tom does a great job managing the game and taking care of the ball. I think he deserves that."
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

So 134 passes remain. At this pace for Alex that's somewhere between 5-7 more games, maybe less. Not unrealistic to achieve...he came a few attempts within breaking Peyton Manning's red zone INT streak. 2nd best is Bernie Kosar with 308 passes.

If he gets it it would be awesome, but no need to worry about it in the grand scheme of things.

"That's great," he said. "Tom does a great job managing the game and taking care of the ball. I think he deserves that."

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

hahahahahaha
ravens niners superbowl

Share 49ersWebzone