LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Frank Gore interview on ESPN 710 (Los Angeles)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Yeah spelled it right. I think it's more Autism, PDD-NOS is considered "subthreshold autism" and "atypical autism" because it is often characterized by milder symptoms of autism or symptoms in only one domain (such as social difficulties). He's not full blow autism, but he also is a beast at football his mind just loves it and he puts all his energy into that area his whole life. Great to find such a talent, and amazing football player, Balance, Power, Speed, and I'm thankful for that brain of his myself. Without it, he would just be a physical beast, but his vision is by far the best I've ever seen from a running back. Along with his patience, he knows the hole will open the way he wants, than hits it full blast.

Lol you guys are hilarious. Just because a guy isn't smart and well spoken doesn't mean he is autistic

Lol the whole time I'm reading this I'm thinking the exact same thing... I hope to god he never reads this lolololol franks a good guy and a helluva lot better interviewer than he was a couple years ago
Anyone caught the Harbaugh presser. Said Frank would be a good coach someday. 'We talked about that...Frank would be an outstanding coach' Harbaugh is recruiting for his future staff. It makes a lot of sense. Even Nolan indicated Frank would sometime look at a new RB or a player and would give Nolan a heads up on who might be good football player and who ain't. Frank has a feel and a sense for a good football player. I think Harbaugh was serious.

Look out world. It's RB coach Frank Gore on the sideline.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Yeah spelled it right. I think it's more Autism, PDD-NOS is considered "subthreshold autism" and "atypical autism" because it is often characterized by milder symptoms of autism or symptoms in only one domain (such as social difficulties). He's not full blow autism, but he also is a beast at football his mind just loves it and he puts all his energy into that area his whole life. Great to find such a talent, and amazing football player, Balance, Power, Speed, and I'm thankful for that brain of his myself. Without it, he would just be a physical beast, but his vision is by far the best I've ever seen from a running back. Along with his patience, he knows the hole will open the way he wants, than hits it full blast.

Lol you guys are hilarious. Just because a guy isn't smart and well spoken doesn't mean he is autistic

Lol the whole time I'm reading this I'm thinking the exact same thing... I hope to god he never reads this lolololol franks a good guy and a helluva lot better interviewer than he was a couple years ago

It's not a major autism, it's the low end, basically he has speech issues, and he has extreme focus in one thing, thankfully football. Restricted behavior is limited in focus, interest, or activity, such as preoccupation with a single television program, toy, or game. Either way, I'm happy for whatever it is that makes him so dam good at running the rock.

All good Jim has it too, Ritualistic behavior involves an unvarying pattern of daily activities, such as an unchanging menu or a dressing ritual.

Seriously. Frank is uneducated, not retarded (or autistic, yes I know they are very different).
It's not a major autism, it's the low end, basically he has speech issues, and he has extreme focus in one thing, thankfully football. Restricted behavior is limited in focus, interest, or activity, such as preoccupation with a single television program, toy, or game. Either way, I'm happy for whatever it is that makes him so dam good at running the rock.

All good Jim has it too, Ritualistic behavior involves an unvarying pattern of daily activities, such as an unchanging menu or a dressing ritual.

LOL I was joking with my wife today that JH is an autistic super-savant: obsessively gameplans with superhuman focus, insanely detailed specific knowledge about a single subject, poor social skills. Everybody thinks he was messing with Pete Carroll during the whole "What's your deal" exchange but that was just his autism kicking in. Same with the Schwartz handshake. And the explosions at the referees last Sunday.

Just having fun, here
Have any of you ever talked to Frank?

Or ever heard him talk outside of an interview/media-type situation?

Just curious.

Poor Frank sounded like he needed to take a s**t!!!
Well, according to Sports Illustrated his college Wonderlic score was a 6 out of 50. That's extremely LOW!
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Sep 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM ]
This thread is full of wtf...

Frank gore cant give a great interview and all of a sudden he is autistic and retarded?

Didn't listen to the interview because i have listened to Frank interviews before, and they are generally pretty awful, Its not so much the substance but the delivery. BUT the guy is not a lobotomy case.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
This thread is full of wtf...

Frank gore cant give a great interview and all of a sudden he is autistic and retarded?

Didn't listen to the interview because i have listened to Frank interviews before, and they are generally pretty awful, Its not so much the substance but the delivery. BUT the guy is not a lobotomy case.

LMAO!!!

frank gore is a f**kin beast and the reason there was even a glimmer of hope while we sucked through the ericson, nolan and singletary years and you guys are calling him retarded, hes really nervous around the media i think.
Frank is a good guy. He is a great football player. He is not a rocket scientist but he is a great 49er and I will vouch for him anywhere and I am willing to bet there are at least 52 men that will do the same. Dude came from a single parent home and humble beginnings and had inadequate education but he has made the most of it and in addition, he was a great son to his dying mother. This is partly the reason Denise York is so enamoured with him. 49ers and his fans love him. He works his ass off and has great football insight as has been told by all his coaches and players, Alex included. I don't care if he doesn't sound like Obama, I care that he gets what he deserves, a fitting end to his career, a Super Bowl ring. The douches on radio raggin him can eat a d!ck

... like I said, just because a guy isn't smart doesn't mean he's autistic.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Have any of you ever talked to Frank?

Or ever heard him talk outside of an interview/media-type situation?

Just curious.

My brother-in-law got a chance to rap (talk) with him at a boxing gym in San Carlos.
Max Kellerman
Share 49ersWebzone