LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

New Candlestick chant for 1st Downs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They are having a red & gold rally right now in DT SF
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why would anyone going to the game not want to do this? Why would anyone complain about college atmosphere? I guess we should complain about people cheering also.

nope...no one's complaining about the atmosphere, it's just what does a Spartan "chant" have to do with the 49ers. I could understand if we were the San Francisco Spartans/Warriors whatever....but it doesn't match our identity.

For example, you don't see the Minnesota Vikings smashing an Asian Gong everytime they score or get a first down.

I think it's just a rally cry to amp up crowd noise/participation, which is a good thing. A lot of teams have their trademark crowd shticks, Pitt's got the towel, Oakland has the black hole, Skins have the hogs, Ravens have the Seven Nation Army chant, Denver has something (can't remember), Eagles have the touchdown song.

About time the Niners developed their own.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
They are having a red & gold rally right now in DT SF

All the bandwagon fans are there
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why would anyone going to the game not want to do this? Why would anyone complain about college atmosphere? I guess we should complain about people cheering also.

nope...no one's complaining about the atmosphere, it's just what does a Spartan "chant" have to do with the 49ers. I could understand if we were the San Francisco Spartans/Warriors whatever....but it doesn't match our identity.

For example, you don't see the Minnesota Vikings smashing an Asian Gong everytime they score or get a first down.

i love it!! if your going to the stick , pls be loud in doing that, sounds very cool and intimidating for opposing teams.
was everyone doing the chant tonight?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i heard it a couple times. It wasnt as loud an impressive as i thought it would be though.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:
i heard it a couple times. It wasnt as loud an impressive as i thought it would be though.

Its still new. Give it a few games and the chant will be contagious me thinks.
Should get rid of the chant. Sounds like we are booing after a first down.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

pretty much...i was at the game and it was a ton of fun waiting for the commentator to say 'First Down!' so everyone could do the chant.
I was at the game and it was pretty weak at the begining of the game, but as the game went on it got stronger. When I would do it people were lookin at me kinda funny but by the 4th qrtr errbody was doing it!! AHOOO AHOOO AHOOO!!!!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Should get rid of the chant. Sounds like we are booing after a first down.

perhaps....like the foghorn doe for all scores...reminiscent of stanford's train whistle (so maybe harbaugh's idea)
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

pretty much...i was at the game and it was a ton of fun waiting for the commentator to say 'First Down!' so everyone could do the chant.

Anything to get fans into the game and cheering is a good thing IMO.

Originally posted by CenCal9er:
I was at the game and it was pretty weak at the begining of the game, but as the game went on it got stronger. When I would do it people were lookin at me kinda funny but by the 4th qrtr errbody was doing it!! AHOOO AHOOO AHOOO!!!!

Very cool, I could see it taking a few games to fully catch on. I actually am starting to look forward to hearing it through the T.V. after we move the chains.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It came across in the 4th really well. I like it. Our crowd noise has sucked for a while so im down with anything that pumps it up.
Share 49ersWebzone