There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lions CB Chris Houston calling out Randy Moss

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Houston will also be lined up against Manningham, Crabs and Williams in addition to THE FREAK

Chris Houston will learn to shut his mouth after this game, after our WR's torch his ass 4 quarters

no way

we will be conservative and stop passing after we start winning early

True ...we will run the ball down their throats to kill the clock in the 4th quarter , when we are up 31-3
Still want to see a couple deep bombs to Moss though. Not because of the comments/twisted words of some cornerback... but just because I think Alex and Moss can add concern to secondaries by showing how capable they are of hitting the big ones.

Alex! give us a pump-fake and hit a 70 yard TD to Moss, please. I like balanced football as much as anyone, but I'd love to see an occasional bomb.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Still want to see a couple deep bombs to Moss though. Not because of the comments/twisted words of some cornerback... but just because I think Alex and Moss can add concern to secondaries by showing how capable they are of hitting the big ones.

Alex! give us a pump-fake and hit a 70 yard TD to Moss, please. I like balanced football as much as anyone, but I'd love to see an occasional bomb.

depends how they play moss

they were playing moss off so it was hard for him to get open deep one of the reaons why he got a lot of catches on mid range throws
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Still want to see a couple deep bombs to Moss though. Not because of the comments/twisted words of some cornerback... but just because I think Alex and Moss can add concern to secondaries by showing how capable they are of hitting the big ones.

Alex! give us a pump-fake and hit a 70 yard TD to Moss, please. I like balanced football as much as anyone, but I'd love to see an occasional bomb.

depends how they play moss

they were playing moss off so it was hard for him to get open deep one of the reaons why he got a lot of catches on mid range throws

understood... not saying just chuck it up regardless of all..
What an idiot Houston is. So glad he said this. At the minimum, the Lions will be even more occupied worrying about Moss Mossin' them and that will open up my boy Crabs and others.

At least have some credibility, or at least be average, to even open your mouth about a HOFer.
I was scrolling through the comments and saw this gem

voiceofreasonsays says:
Sep 10, 2012 8:29 PM 49ers don't know what a real QB/WR look like. RGIII to Pierre Garcon the unstoppable toss is a real duo. I wish the Redskins played SF so we could deliver a real beatdown, DC Style.
No torrents allowed.

The Management.
[ Edited by fropwns on Sep 11, 2012 at 8:29 AM ]
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I was scrolling through the comments and saw this gem

voiceofreasonsays says:
Sep 10, 2012 8:29 PM 49ers don't know what a real QB/WR look like. RGIII to Pierre Garcon the unstoppable toss is a real duo. I wish the Redskins played SF so we could deliver a real beatdown, DC Style.

It's been a while since anything good came their way, so it's understandable that their fans are hyped up about RG3. Saints defense not Niners defense. Shanny is putting together a good team for them. Will give the Cowboys and Giants worries.
Who is Chris Houston?
Poor Houston has called himself out. Moss is most definitely in his head and on his mind. He will be haunted by his own words all week. During the game he will be preoccupied by Moss. Other receivers will burn him.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/11/lions-chris-houston-i-would-never-talk-trash-to-randy-moss/

too late son
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Sep 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM ]
Apparently the reporter got the story completely backwards. Houston wasn't trashing Moss, he was complimenting him.

Houston said: Moss can still take the top off the defense, and he can be a possession receiver. Reporter misheard the first "can" as "can't." Nice reporting.
Is Chris Houston any good?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Is Chris Houston any good?

ya hes decent i would say he is a top 15 -20 CB (bottom end of that)
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/11/lions-chris-houston-i-would-never-talk-trash-to-randy-moss/

too late son

In the article it proves that he never actually called moss a possession wide receiver. He actually was giving Moss props and the reporter twisted his words. Another case of the media hyping something up that's a non-story.