There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Revelation I had during the Packers game

For the past several years, I had fine-tunned my penchant for calling the 9ers offensive play calls to about a 80-90% success rate. I discovered yesterday that my success rate has dropped starkly to about a 10-20%. I was able to call the Moss TD and that was mostly it. The days of dive left, dive right, incomplete pass, punt are over. The complexity and creativity of Harbaugh's offense was on display to the NFL against GB. Jumbo packages, 4-wide sets, play-actions and power runs. Never was it predictable. This was a statement game for both the coaches and the players. The 49ers are the new bullies on the block.
nice job little dude.
Armageddon is coming
Don't beat yourself up, first game of the year. Your numbers will improve
I don't like it when the try to use Tukuafu on running play, it just doesn't seem to work. I wish they will just use other run plays other than using Tukuafu and telling them we are going to run...
Put the xbox controller down.
Just wait for all the surprise calls JH/Roman come up with.
Also had our FB's out in the slot quite a few times. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is? Take a defender out of the play? Or are we planning on using them in a receiver type role?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Also had our FB's out in the slot quite a few times. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is? Take a defender out of the play? Or are we planning on using them in a receiver type role?

I saw Miller line up wide, haven't seen him in the slot yet but I'm not yet done re-watching.
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I saw Miller line up wide, haven't seen him in the slot yet but I'm not yet done re-watching.

to show if GB were in man coverage
I can still call our jumbo formation runs, on short yardage situations.

One thing I don't like is when we have Alex in 5 wide. I think we should always have someone back there with Alex, for the threat of us running the ball.

Alex already does not trust the Oline.
Originally posted by barako:
I don't like it when the try to use Tukuafu on running play, it just doesn't seem to work. I wish they will just use other run plays other than using Tukuafu and telling them we are going to run...

It's all a set up,........watch out for the hook!
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I actually believe this. We're going to put that jumbo package in again and again and RUN every time.....until Smith starts passing to the linemen again just like last year.

Then, opposing teams are really hosed.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Don't beat yourself up, first game of the year. Your numbers will improve

lmao
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I actually believe this. We're going to put that jumbo package in again and again and RUN every time.....until Smith starts passing to the linemen again just like last year.

Then, opposing teams are really hosed.

im pretty sure i saw a pass out of one of the heavy formations yesterday
[ Edited by schmons on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM ]