There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The case against keeping Dobbs

I dont see why we kept him to be honest. Okay cool he can be our 4th string TE and a backup average 3-4 END.

Tukuafu is a way better blocker on running plays and I doubt Dobbs will be running any passing routes this year. And IMO he is out of the other 3
guys the worst backup of the D-line man. Williams, Ricky J, and Will are all better on D then he is also.

Overall I just think his roster spot should of been a 4th OLB that can rush the passer and play coverage. That to be is way more valuable than a guy who can be a average backup at TE and DE.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Sep 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM ]
With our OLB injuries you can make a real strong case now IMO.
I would rather dump someone like Dixon for an extra OLB.

and I also think Dobbs is a pretty good back D linemen.
he is actually our 3rd TE, is a very valuable special teams player and of course plays DL for us
Pretty sure he's a D-line sub. Which makes him the most important there. Did you see him play at the D-line in the preseason his first year with the team ... looked really good. I can still remember it. Dude is cat quick.
Originally posted by susweel:

Dixon played really well in preseason as always. And h's a good special teams player too. He didn't even dance as much as a runner. More straight ahead.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I just doubt Dobbs makes much of an impact at all
Originally posted by susweel:

Dixon played really well in preseason as always. And h's a good special teams player too. He didn't even dance as much as a runner. More straight ahead.

c'mon...he will go back to what he does best and it's dookie braids and dancing
He is our 3rd TE, Celek won't suit up, needs to develop more. And Dobbs will play rush DE/OLB if needed, he has the size for that position. Plus he is athletic as can be. Like said if anyone it should be Dixon cut for a 4th OLB.
Disagree.

BUT we'll have to see how he plays in real games.

Still surprised that Dix is still on the team - BUT in JH I trust!
Quality Depth/versatility is very important for Harbaugh

I would dump McBath, Ian Williams or Celek before I dump Dobbs. He's a beast of a DE when given playing time
Originally posted by kronik:

I would dump McBath, Ian Williams or Celek before I dump Dobbs. He's a beast of a DE when given playing time

we shall see