LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

American Badass

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He spits teeth, yanks down quarterbacks one-handed and, at 32, has emerged as a dominant football force through intense workouts, painstaking study and sheer will. San Francisco's Justin Smith is everything a defender should be

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1205807/index.htm
HELL YEAH .....COWBOY IS THE MAN
There's no one more deserving of a Superbowl ring than this dude, even if Gore...
[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM ]
Does he have an instagram?
I'm a little afraid that at age 32, he may begin some drop in play this year.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Nah, he's at least got 2 years of peak performance left in him. Early 30's are often the highlights of DL players since they get their "old man strength." They may no longer be as fast or agile, but they're much more efficient, smarter and usually stronger.

For positions like RB, speed, agility and quickness are paramount, so that's why you see a drop off after 30.
I can dig it
Originally posted by Niners23:

Nah, he's at least got 2 years of peak performance left in him. Early 30's are often the highlights of DL players since they get their "old man strength." They may no longer be as fast or agile, but they're much more efficient, smarter and usually stronger.

For positions like RB, speed, agility and quickness are paramount, so that's why you see a drop off after 30.

I'm not worried about his strength and mentality. I'm more worried about his stamina. We have heavily leaned on him not coming out of games.
The online link doesn't do it justice. There is a truly great pic of Justin flexing/celebrating that stretches out over two full pages. A must have for the true Niner fan!
I'm not worried about his strength and mentality. I'm more worried about his stamina. We have heavily leaned on him not coming out of games.

You can have stamina at any age. The reason aging players decline is because their bodies actually begin to break down from the abuse of the game. Justin Smith has practically never been hurt in his entire career. I don't think we need to worry about him right now.

THANK!

A very good article.
In what mag?
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
In what mag?

Originally posted by Rathman_44:
The online link doesn't do it justice. There is a truly great pic of Justin flexing/celebrating that stretches out over two full pages. A must have for the true Niner fan!

In what mag?
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
In what mag?

SI

I'm just happy he hasn't played in a 3-4 his entire career. It'll save him a couple more years.
Share 49ersWebzone