There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners to sign Clark Haggans

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Should've signed Alama-Francis for a few games till Haggans situation is resolved.
Originally posted by jreff22:
no, bring Cam up and put Francis on the PS (if he is eligable)

Of the OLBs cut only Rowe and Cam were PS eligible. Bak and Alama-Francis have too many accrued games/seasons.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Of the OLBs cut only Rowe and Cam were PS eligible. Bak and Alama-Francis have too many accrued games/seasons.
well that sucks
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Haggans, however, faces a possible three-game suspension in connection to a 2011 DUI arrest. A hearing on the matter will be held Wednesday and Haggans' agent hopes to avoid a suspension, or have it reduced.

Baalke can disagree all he wants....its still stupid.

Yeah i'll give the baalke the benefit of the doubt over a few armchair GM's.
that is a helluva thing to roll the dice on given our current situation at outside linebacker on the week of the season opener against green bay up there.. i swear the arrogance of the front office and coach will bite us in the ass one day,, it almost did with the smith and manning fiasco
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

i really like what I saw from Rowe, he looked great
Originally posted by cciowa:
bringing in a guy who could be suspended is stupid
as is cutting a guy who was respectable for us when you knew one of your guys was seriously hurt. I would like to get an answer if smith and brooks are 100 per cent but you know where that will go

I think we might be surprised if the pending hearing turns out favorable due to past precedence. We might just find ourselves with an experienced OLB that can replicate the theoretical contribution that Harylson would have given us. As for Bhaktiari, I am not sure he could hold the point on gamedays vs 1s to the degree that Haggans has. Perhaps Baalke considered the benefits far greater than the risk. This move probably had a lot to do with his talent evaluation of all the available options. He considered this move worth the gamble
that is a helluva thing to roll the dice on given our current situation at outside linebacker on the week of the season opener against green bay up there.. i swear the arrogance of the front office and coach will bite us in the ass one day,, it almost did with the smith and manning fiasco

1 year in it seems we are headed in the right direction. Much better than the last 8 years I might add
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

1 year in it seems we are headed in the right direction. Much better than the last 8 years I might add
that has nothing to do with the current outside linebacker situation we are facing right now, in my opinion. Lets just stop it . whenever I dare to disagree with the front office and coach I usually get..." well we can go back to the nolan days". they have nothing to do with the other
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
bringing in a guy who could be suspended is stupid
as is cutting a guy who was respectable for us when you knew one of your guys was seriously hurt. I would like to get an answer if smith and brooks are 100 per cent but you know where that will go

I think we might be surprised if the pending hearing turns out favorable due to past precedence. We might just find ourselves with an experienced OLB that can replicate the theoretical contribution that Harylson would have given us. As for Bhaktiari, I am not sure he could hold the point on gamedays vs 1s to the degree that Haggans has. Perhaps Baalke considered the benefits far greater than the risk. This move probably had a lot to do with his talent evaluation of all the available options. He considered this move worth the gamble
even if what you say is true,, we still need another outside linebacker in my opinion.
My view on why the 49ers went this route. Haggans has experience. Bak has none, even though he looked good in pre, it was against third stringers, may not have looked as good in camp. Cam-again experience, he is like Aldon Smith last year, learning a new position. These two would get eaten alive by good offensive teams. It is one thing to play them situationally, but if they had to go everydown game after game, they would be exposed and targeted.

Bringing in Alama Francis, while he has some experience, he ain't all that, he is just a step above the above mentioned and if you are bringing him in till Haggan finishes any suspension, then you need to release two players. The suspension doesn't take until he signs with a team. Harrylson, if they put him on injured reserve need to designate him from the begining, that he is the player they want to bring back from injured reserve, the team is allowed to do this for one player only according to new league rules that I just read. On top of that, he can't practice with the team until six weeks from when they put him on injured reserve, then he can't play until 8 games after being put on IR, so essentially, he is lost for 1/2 the season.

That is probably why JH and the FO did not want to say anything, cause they are trying to figure out what they are going to do, they didn't want to say anything because any replacement like Haggin might jack up their price for trying to him, and before that, they probably hoped to get somebody off waiver and not have to trade, if teams knew the niners position. Just like the niners tried to trade of some their players before letting them go.

Also, Haggans playing for a division rival is an added bonus as it may give you insight to their players and schemes and what not.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
My view on why the 49ers went this route. Haggans has experience. Bak has none, even though he looked good in pre, it was against third stringers, may not have looked as good in camp. Cam-again experience, he is like Aldon Smith last year, learning a new position. These two would get eaten alive by good offensive teams. It is one thing to play them situationally, but if they had to go everydown game after game, they would be exposed and targeted.

Bringing in Alama Francis, while he has some experience, he ain't all that, he is just a step above the above mentioned and if you are bringing him in till Haggan finishes any suspension, then you need to release two players. The suspension doesn't take until he signs with a team. Harrylson, if they put him on injured reserve need to designate him from the begining, that he is the player they want to bring back from injured reserve, the team is allowed to do this for one player only according to new league rules that I just read. On top of that, he can't practice with the team until six weeks from when they put him on injured reserve, then he can't play until 8 games after being put on IR, so essentially, he is lost for 1/2 the season.

That is probably why JH and the FO did not want to say anything, cause they are trying to figure out what they are going to do, they didn't want to say anything because any replacement like Haggin might jack up their price for trying to him, and before that, they probably hoped to get somebody off waiver and not have to trade, if teams knew the niners position. Just like the niners tried to trade of some their players before letting them go.

Also, Haggans playing for a division rival is an added bonus as it may give you insight to their players and schemes and what not.
so what happens if clark is suspended for sunday and brooks and smith are not 100 per cent? do we just put on our little blue shirts and scream whose got it better than us,,,, yes that should scare the s**t out of rogers
even if what you say is true,, we still need another outside linebacker in my opinion.

I would not call it daring to disagree with the front office. I would just simply say you disagree. Daring implicates that there would be some form of danger or peril relevant to your actions. This is an online discussion forum so I feel that you should feel free to voice your opinion on matters. That said, you as well as I should expect for some to agree and disagree with stated opinions. I also would love another solution on the roster for the OLB position. I am either hoping that the solution is either already on board or arriving soon. I am just going to be patient with these guys to see how things end up playing out. Hopefully the roster is versatile where we can have guys fill in where there is injury. Haggans does seem that he can help us fill in this year though. Aside from that, we have plenty of picks to address the position further if we make it through this year

It all depends on the phillosphy that you follow. You are looking at only backing up offense and defense, JH is looking at fielding good Defense, Offense AND ST. He and Baalke also probably looking at who we have scheduled for the season (the reason Brock is kept.). We did try to up it with Flemming and Cam and hoped they would come thru on D and ST, but $hit happens. This is one of the reasons why repeating last years success is hard, injuries, and why some are playing the odds against us like the media, yet some on the zone get po'd about.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I would not call it daring to disagree with the front office. I would just simply say you disagree. Daring implicates that there would be some form of danger or peril relevant to your actions. This is an online discussion forum so I feel that you should feel free to voice your opinion on matters. That said, you as well as I should expect for some to agree and disagree with stated opinions. I also would love another solution on the roster for the OLB position. I am either hoping that the solution is either already on board or arriving soon. I am just going to be patient with these guys to see how things end up playing out. Hopefully the roster is versatile where we can have guys fill in where there is injury. Haggans does seem that he can help us fill in this year though. Aside from that, we have plenty of picks to address the position further if we make it through this year
i guess we will know more after wed. if the hearing does not go our way and clark is suspended for green bay i want to know what thier plan is,, the coaches and front office better have that plan right now. the nfl is like a spayed b***h in heat,,, if you stand still you are screwed,, if you run , sometimes you get bit in the ass. after i saw how they arrogantly bungled the manning smith fiasco, i support them but no longer drink thier bathwater
Originally posted by WildBill:

so what happens if clark is suspended for sunday and brooks and smith are not 100 per cent? do we just put on our little blue shirts and scream whose got it better than us,,,, yes that should scare the s**t out of rogers

I think you are just a concerned fan that has very high expectations for this team and you're worried sick about our potential shortcoming at this position. My advice is to calm down a bit and accept that either we are making the best moves we can or Baalke has totally mismanaged this situation. Just hope we get more help at OLB or that we can get healthy and get good pressure on the QB at that spot from Aldon, Ahmad, Haggans, and maybe Dobbs. I want more help in that spot but I am hoping we have enough