LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Team traded Colin Jones....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
The sky's not falling but i have a feeling our ST units wont be top two this year. maybe their ranking drops a bit like when we lost mike rob and a buncha special teamers and the following year we werent nearly as good

We might be a little worse, hard to duplicate what we did last year. We still have good players like Goldson and Bowman (i think they only play punt team), Dixon, Brock, Spillman, Cox, Grant, Gooden, etc... we have a lot of good special teams players.
It's too bad, but it had to be done. We knew when we drafted him that he would be a special teams ace, but his future with the team would ultimately be dictated by his development at safety. He didn't develop there at all, so he's gone. Not a big loss, we have plenty of good special teamers who can actually play their position.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We might be a little worse, hard to duplicate what we did last year. We still have good players like Goldson and Bowman (i think they only play punt team), Dixon, Brock, Spillman, Cox, Grant, Gooden, etc... we have a lot of good special teams players.

Spillman, Gooden and Brock are all really good. the others are above average, it just seemed that guys like blake and colin jones seemed to always be around the ball carrier. like i said wont be top two more like top ten which i could live with. i think Seely is too good a coach to let it drop too much
glad that we got a pick for him.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Spillman, Gooden and Brock are all really good. the others are above average, it just seemed that guys like blake and colin jones seemed to always be around the ball carrier. like i said wont be top two more like top ten which i could live with. i think Seely is too good a coach to let it drop too much

agreed.... not saying colin wasn't nice to have but we found out from letting blake go (which i didnt like especially at 2 years like 1 mil total) that we don't like guys who can't do multiple things.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
WoW only 7th round pick this guy is more valuable then a 7th Carolina just got a excellent player for cheap

Better a 7th than nothing at all. He was probably going to get cut so the 49ers traded him.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't like it. He was an excellent special teams player.

This. He made some of the most clutch ST tackles deep in opposing territory last year.
One dimensional players don't last long in this league, not to mention when you play for a team as deep as we are.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow 6 pages, we miss this guy that bad.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow 6 pages, we miss this guy that bad.

Esto.
Did Seely get fired or what? Because otherwise it doesn't matter. Seely's like honey-badger, he don't give a #$%%. Wherever he's gone he's had top special teams, just get him some solid pieces, which he does have now, and let him work his magic.

yup, still miss him on the coverage units. daryl morris makes the pill easier to swallow though
colin jones would be the answer to the niners problems...at wide receiver
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
colin jones would be the answer to the niners problems...at wide receiver

We tried it and he couldn't beat out Brett Swain and Joe Hastings
Share 49ersWebzone