There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Team traded Colin Jones....

Originally posted by sachie23:
according to Sando, Panthers didn't have a 7th next year so the pick will be for the 2014 draft.

it's shaun hill all over again.
Jones offers nothing other than special teams. Get someone who can do more on the roster.
So Collin Jones and Taylor Mays were traded for the same compensation ?

that s**t cray
Who?
damn, there's goes our 6 Lombardi Trophy.
I don't like it. He was an excellent special teams player.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

shocker...............
I guess they were expecting him to have some ability to fill in at safety, but he was only an ace special teams player. So basically, we expect the backups to be able to do both.
Good move imo... I think we would have cut him anyways because he provides no value at safety and we didn't re-sign Costanzo who was our ST leader for peanuts that Chicago gave him. We don't like one dimensional guys. So a 7th for a guy I think we would have cut anyways. We have plenty of special teams aces and are one of the best teams in the league on ST.

I'm fine that the pick isn't this year. We will have 12-13 picks this year and already like 2 7ths. I'd rather have it in 2014 when right now we only have now 8 picks (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 (panthers)

From Sando:
The team traded backup safety Colin Jones to Carolina. San Francisco will reportedly receive a seventh-round choice in return, presumably from 2014 or later given that the Panthers traded a 2013 seventh-rounder to Oakland for Louis Murphy.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
So Collin Jones and Taylor Mays were traded for the same compensation ?

that s**t cray

shocker...............
championship
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This. He made some of the most clutch ST tackles deep in opposing territory last year.
Our draft picks from the last two years are either getting cut or shipped off to other teams. This team is deep and talented, plus the Niners now have 11 picks next year in addition to a couple of potenital comp picks plus the latest 2014 draft pick for Jones. Looks like Baalke and Harbaugh are just hoarding draft capital for the next 2-3 years. Nice work!
The sky's not falling but i have a feeling our ST units wont be top two this year. maybe their ranking drops a bit like when we lost mike rob and a buncha special teamers and the following year we werent nearly as good
Damn I loved him on special teams..