LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Team traded Colin Jones....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
OH GOD ITS TIME TO TANK

QFT.
Part of the thinking must be that we can expect fewer run backs on kick-offs, Or am I wrong here?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Aug 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM ]
WoW only 7th round pick this guy is more valuable then a 7th Carolina just got a excellent player for cheap
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch The #49ers prize versatility and Colin Jones wasn't suited to play safety in the NFL. http://bit.ly/T3tBFk
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
WoW only 7th round pick this guy is more valuable then a 7th Carolina just got a excellent player for cheap

OR, the 49ers got something for someone they were going to waive anyway
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

OR, the 49ers got something for someone they were going to waive anyway

yeah i guess u can look at it that way
Originally posted by sfout:
So now they have 2 of our rejects? lmao CJ and Reggie

also Marcus Hudson a couple years ago
I have a hard time entertaining the view that this wasn't a great move. We were going to get rid of him anyway, and we got something for him. It's like you're just about to throw away the rest of your sandwich, and someone offers you a dollar for it. Of course you take that good ole American greenback, that's a tip on a beer!
Originally posted by sachie23:
Nevermind on Rock....

Rock Cartwright ‏@Rockgotti25 Wanna thank the 49ers for the opportunity..

Retweeted by Matt Barrows

BIG DIX BABY!!!
Great move by Baalke! He would have been free to sign and we ended up w/another 7th that we can package to move up.

Always better to get something than nothing.

according to Sando, Panthers didn't have a 7th next year so the pick will be for the 2014 draft.
Nice move! With our roster depth I would've been surprised to see Colin Jones make the team. The bubble guys that are likely going to make the team could play multiple positions (Tukuafu FB and DE, Dobbs TE and DE, Dixon RB and FB). Colin Jones wasn't a contributor on offense or defense with his only value coming on ST. Keeping Jones would've meant letting go of one of those guys.

For those worried about ST, we have PLENTY of guys who can still play well on that unit.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Great move by Baalke! He would have been free to sign and we ended up w/another 7th that we can package to move up.

Always better to get something than nothing.

I agree, i see alota moving going on in our draft in the next few years
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
now have 12 picks.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, panthers 3rd, 4th, colts 5th, 5th, 6th, dolphins 6th, 7th, bengals 7th and panthers 7th

orgasm
I think McBath makes the team now
Share 49ersWebzone