There are 161 users in the forums

First game @ Candlestick info

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lifelong Niner fan from Hawaii, now residing in Connecticut. Girlfriend's going out to for work in San Fran, so while she's working I will be attending my first ever game at Candlestick vs the Giants(or anywhere for that matter.) Super excited to finally be part of the 49er fan atmosphere as finding fans in Connecticut are borderline impossible!

Just had a couple questions and would appreciate any help.

1. I'll be staying at the marriott on 55th street and wondering what's the best way to get there. Taxi or metroline/walking/bus.
2. Also the return - I'd rather take a taxi but are they available after the game? Is it a safe enough area to walk out of the park and try and catch one on a main street?

Thanks in advance, not many things excite me but I can't WAIT to get down there!
1. Ride a midget
2. If you walk, expect surprise butt sex
Originally posted by jreff22:
1. Ride a midget

Walking sounds great.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
1. Ride a midget

Walking sounds great.

Originally posted by verb1der:
1. Ride a midget

Walking sounds great.

If its expected is it still a surprise?
Originally posted by verb1der:
1. Ride a midget

Walking sounds great.

If its expected is it still a surprise?
depends on your ability to remain calm
  • mod
  • Veteran
Walk, it's what I usually do
Your best bet it to take one of the specialized buses that run directly to and from the stadium. They come from a couple different spots from BART. The one I used to take I would get on at the Balboa station in Daly City. There's one that comes from the downtown/Embarcadero area. It used to be like $7, but that was many years ago. Might be more now.

Here the schedule Ooo, it says it's $12 now a little up the page, but as for ease of traveling to and from the stadium without a car, it's the best way to go.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 29, 2012 at 12:09 PM ]
Honestly, I don't see a problem with walking.
If
Originally posted by Stanley:
Lifelong Niner fan from Hawaii, now residing in Connecticut. Girlfriend's going out to for work in San Fran, so while she's working I will be attending my first ever game at Candlestick vs the Giants(or anywhere for that matter.) Super excited to finally be part of the 49er fan atmosphere as finding fans in Connecticut are borderline impossible!

Just had a couple questions and would appreciate any help.

1. I'll be staying at the marriott on 55th street and wondering what's the best way to get there. Taxi or metroline/walking/bus.
2. Also the return - I'd rather take a taxi but are they available after the game? Is it a safe enough area to walk out of the park and try and catch one on a main street?

Thanks in advance, not many things excite me but I can't WAIT to get down there!

If you're staying at the marriott in DT, you might want to take the BART?MUNI look into that, a taxi from DT to the stick would be another option but kind of pricey.

Taxi's are available at the game but you have to wait in a long ass line that will most likely take forever because cops are directing taxis into a pick up zone and the stick is a b***h to get in and out of as far as the parking lot goes.

The bus! try the 49ers experiences! on line Thats how i got to the game last year
Hope it meets your expectations. Living in Illinois I have only been to one game at candlestick. Best football day of my life. Weather sucked, beer was stale but damn was it cool to be in that historic stadium. Being with the home team compared to my usual Rams, bears and packers stadiums is simply more fun. Admittedly a trip to Lambeau is like going to a Friday night high school football game. It's in a residential neighborhood and you park on people's lawns.
looks like im gonna start parking far and walking to the games
Originally posted by Stanley:

1) I'm assuming you mean the Marriott on "4th" street and Mission, right (there is no street in SF that high of a range unless you're in the avenues)? Best bet is to take a shuttle (MUNI) from the downtown area to go to the park. Simple and direct. (If I remember correctly, I think it's $12-15 bucks for a round trip)

2) Taxi's are availbale but I highly suggest you just ride the shuttle bus that drops you off. It's less expensive and getting out of the park on a taxi is no bueno because of the traffic.

Game ticket $100+
Parking $35+
Jitters as you walk to the stadium (knowing all the history) ie. Montana, Young, Rice, Walsh..... Priceless!!!!!
[ Edited by Cowboyhtr24 on Aug 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone