1) Starting D: Completely not worried. Much ado about nothing. No Bowman. No Aldon. 5th CB playing Nickel. No Gameplan. This is well covered territory but I figured I'd join th Chorus. The Niners are going to give up passing yards this year. It'll happen. They are SOOO good against the run that some teams will simply stop trying. The ball will be in the air OFTEN. That is going to create opportunities for Turnovers. Thats how they got 38 last year. Expect the Niners to finish middle of the pack if not below in pas defense in terms of yards allowed because they will see several teams this year put the ball up 60 or more times. Just get used to it now.
2) Ginn: Damn. I hope he's back soon. I am not all that concerned about Williams tho. I think he's due for some redemption. I'd rather have a guy who is HUNGRY and makes a few mistakes than a guy who is too scared to roll his helmet out there. He made 2 big mistakes in the NFC Championship, but he isn't the only reason they lost. Niners had plenty of opportunities and they never took advantage of them. I for one would love to see him take one to the house at Candlestick.
3) Pass Protection: Still not worried. Still no game plan. Still hyper Vanilla. Frank is playing VERY little. When they turn it up a notch it's gonna be a whole different ballgame. They aren't showing ANYTHING for the Packers to gameplan. NOTHING. They still look dominant in the Run Game too...especially when they line up their new 355 lb. "Tight End", Leonard Davis. ;-)
4) Kaep: I'm still not sold, but he had himself some nice throws. He has always been very good throwing on the run. My concern with him is always throwing from a conventional offense. He just looks uncomfortable and the ball comes out late. Even the long completion to Williams was very close to an interception or a break up. He has SOOOO much raw potential tho. Sitting for a few years is probably the best thing that could happen to him.
5) Dixon: Not a fan. What I loved most about LaMichael James in college wasn't his speed or his moves, it was his decisiveness. He sees it and just GOES. No hesitation. Dixon thinks he's a smaller back. He runs hard. It's not an effort thing, he just doesn't seem to have the vision to find the hole and just GO. The long run was nice but that was a HUGE hole.
6) Parrish Cox: I've said before that I'm iffy on his character, but the guy is a keeper on the field. The INT was more of a bad pass by the QB than a great play by him, but he does seem to be around the ball alot and is an aggresive tackler. I like that.
7) Trumaine Brock (sp?): Guy seems to be moving backwards. It seems like anytime he's in the game the other team knows it and is going after him. He got beat by Manningham in NFCCG for a TD. Not confident in him at all.
8) Alex: No, he isn't lighting things up. The O isn't really trying to do anything to creative. What he IS tho is very confident and sure of himself. I like what I see.
9) Akers: Still Awesome.
10) Is it Sept 9th yet?