There are 216 users in the forums

Montana and Rice on NFL Live

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I like Howie Long.

I don't know why.

Originally posted by 99problems:
Funny Alex throws deep and they say he should have checked down.
He checks down and they say he should have thrown it deep lol

How hard is it to see your receiver being double-covered with a safety closing too? As an NFL vet, how can you not see your options are going to be better underneath for 15 yards! A first down!

Sucking pathetic for A qb and pathetic if people can't see it
I recorded it, but I must have missed something. The recording starts with Rice and Montana... and later on I hear them saying bye to Young, but he never showed up? Never heard them talk about the current 49ers either. Not sure what happened.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
AR EYOU SERIOUSQ !?

WHATFfEDEGFUQ SEARCH IS WHAT
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

How hard is it to see your receiver being double-covered with a safety closing too? As an NFL vet, how can you not see your options are going to be better underneath for 15 yards! A first down!

In a preseason game one could argue that you could force it regardless just because they wanted to. Regardless of whether the pass was complete or not, it did have some effect on how the 49ers offense is perceived now.

In a regular season, different story. You always try to take the best option.

Just think, 3 games in and that was the first real deep throw down the middle to a WR by Alex.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Jerry totally sucks as analyst.

Former players who are good [not great] analysts are Mark Schlaryth ]sp], dillfer, Howie Long, Bradshaw, Jawarski. I don't think any former player analyst on TV is great at what they do.

Terrible ones are Sapp, Cris Carter, Jamie Pukes, Keshawn,

Randy Cross is a little better than average as is Moose Johnson.

What do you think about the all world analyst/commentator Christoper Collinsworth?
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Just showed highlights of yesterday's game.

Joe talked about how Alex should have thrown underneath when he threw that deep pass to Moss and he had triple coverage.

Well Joe doesn't know anything compared to the analysts in the zone. They think he should throw deep to Moss every play, so obviously Montana is an idiot.

It's preseason. They want to establish a deep threat with Moss and probably want something on tape for other teams to look at. It says something about the respect that Moss still gets that he was triple teamed. I'm sure Joe is right and there was something open underneath, but practice games are a time to let it rip.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Montana is such a f**king armchair quarterback.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

In a preseason game one could argue that you could force it regardless just because they wanted to. Regardless of whether the pass was complete or not, it did have some effect on how the 49ers offense is perceived now.

Just think, 3 games in and that was the first real deep throw down the middle to a WR by Alex.

Force it then. I'm all for it. But then how do you explain on how horrible the accuracy was? It was total s**t no matter how you slice it
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Force it then. I'm all for it. But then how do you explain on how horrible the accuracy was? It was total s**t no matter how you slice it

Alex Smith is the starting QB for the 49ers who are coached by Jim Harbaugh.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Better or worse than the missed bomb to Kyle Williams in the NFC Championship game?

I gotta rewatch yesterday's game......was there any room really for Moss to get it anyways?
I refuse to read a thing you guys say. I got it on my DVR
Originally posted by Niner3030:
All the former players suck as analysts. The only exception are former players who became coaches.

I think Steve Young is legit as an analyst. Also, I think Chris Collinsworth know his Xs and Os -- even though he can be a douche at times.
Did someone say they liked Terry Bradshaw as an analyst? Dude is horrendous and sounds like a drunk hick. Is he funny sometimes? Sure. But so is laughing at inbred people when you them out. Doesn't mean they'd be good analysts.
CAMELOT
Share 49ersWebzone