LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Official Roster Cutdown Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
bust draft class, lol. Only Jenkins, James and probably Looney left on roster. 2011 draft wise, Person and Jones now gone with Holcomb waived earlier, and RoJo gone last year.

idk how its a bust...

Ya I disagree with AB
Our team is just too stacked for all our 5th, 6th and 7th round projects to make our roster.

I think Jenkins will be very good once he adds some muscle, I think James can contribute this year and will be the big play threat we expect him to be. We didnt have a 3rd round pick. Looney competed with vets and made the squad so that's another positive.

Our 5th rounder Fleming tore his ACL, that's just tough luck. Our 6th rounder Robinson looked good yesterday and made the team, will sit and learn behind vets (like Goldson did).

And like I said before, our roster doesn't have room for projects like Slowey or Cam Johnson (who was injured most of preseason). I remember Johnson had a 2nd round great by a few analysts, which doesn't mean much, but it shows that he was more of a low risk high reward pick.

Its dumb to say this draft class is a bust
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
we wont keep 5 RB's active and when it comes to ST Dixon beats out James

Dixon won't touch the field as a RB
Gore and Hunter will carry the load. Jacobs will handle short yardage situations. James can still be a contributor imo.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Ya I disagree with AB
Our team is just too stacked for all our 5th, 6th and 7th round projects to make our roster.

I think Jenkins will be very good once he adds some muscle, I think James can contribute this year and will be the big play threat we expect him to be. We didnt have a 3rd round pick. Looney competed with vets and made the squad so that's another positive.

Our 5th rounder Fleming tore his ACL, that's just tough luck. Our 6th rounder Robinson looked good yesterday and made the team, will sit and learn behind vets (like Goldson did).

And like I said before, our roster doesn't have room for projects like Slowey or Cam Johnson (who was injured most of preseason). I remember Johnson had a 2nd round great by a few analysts, which doesn't mean much, but it shows that he was more of a low risk high reward pick.

Its dumb to say this draft class is a bust
dont mind him. Trust his cap numbers, not his draft evaluation.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
dont mind him. Trust his cap numbers, not his draft evaluation.

AB is an awesome poster, I actually gree with what he says most of the time. Not trying to criticize him.
maybe he was just being sarcastic and I couldn't tell
Originally posted by ImaMod:
we wont keep 5 RB's active and when it comes to ST Dixon beats out James

Dixon won't touch the field as a RB
Gore and Hunter will carry the load. Jacobs will handle short yardage situations. James can still be a contributor imo.

But activating James doesn't make sense right now...we would have 5 + Miller active on gamedays.....the math wont work. For James to get the nod somebody else either needs to be hurt or inactive. He will need to take the spot away from Dixon...meaning somebody else needs to step up on special teams.
I can't see us sitting James. We didn't draft him to sit and learn how to eventually become a third down back.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I can't see us sitting James. We didn't draft him to sit and learn how to eventually become a third down back.

2 QB
6 RB
3 TE
4 WR
7 OL
5 DL
4 ILB
3 OLB
5 CB's
4 FS/SS
3 ST

That's 46 and I would rather have an 8 OL or a 6th DL then 6 RB's
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
But activating James doesn't make sense right now...we would have 5 + Miller active on gamedays.....the math wont work. For James to get the nod somebody else either needs to be hurt or inactive. He will need to take the spot away from Dixon...meaning somebody else needs to step up on special teams.

I think the 7 unactive players on gameday will be

Tolzien
Looney
Williams
Brock
Jenkins
Celek
Robinson

I understand what you're saying, having 5 RBs active on gamedays wouldn't make sense. But James can contribute more than any of those players listed above, and brings something that no other RB on our roster can

Thats just my opinion. I'll be disappoined if James is inactive week 1
iz sad that colin jones got traded. white dude could fly on those kickoff coverage units
Originally posted by kujon11:
iz sad that colin jones got traded. white dude could fly on those kickoff coverage units

I can't believe they got rid of him. He's the best special teams coverage guy they had. Plus his head was always in the game. If there was a fumble or something he is always around the ball. I realize our roster is getting better and better and you have to cut somewhere. But that one hurts.

• THEB
  • Veteran
@RealNaPalm
Not gone just yet bay area lol appreciate all the love and support

Sounds like he knows he has a PS spot if he clears waivers, which he most likely will
Originally posted by THEB:
@RealNaPalm
Not gone just yet bay area lol appreciate all the love and support

Sounds like he knows he has a PS spot if he clears waivers, which he most likely will

If we don't PS him, someone else will put him on the 53. Kid could be great one day.
happy with these cuts.
would have rather had another OLB than the 3rd TE. but overall i like the team
Josh Johnson was released? How could they release our QB of the future...
Share 49ersWebzone