LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I still will never get over the torching he took vs. the Giants in the NFCC game.

I'll never get over the torching he took in Lambeau Field at the hands of Rodgers.

The dude gave up another TD on Thursday night, but Bradford missed the pass thank goodness. People would be a lot less homer about him if Bradford actually connects with the guy Brock left wide the efff open.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I still will never get over the torching he took vs. the Giants in the NFCC game.

I'll never get over the torching he took in Lambeau Field at the hands of Rodgers.

The dude gave up another TD on Thursday night, but Bradford missed the pass thank goodness. People would be a lot less homer about him if Bradford actually connects with the guy Brock left wide the efff open.
Now was that Reid's man or Brock's?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't think Nnamdi has been bad at all. He had a few missed tackles and gave up a few some what big plays but he hasn't been bad. He's not anywhere close to old Nnamdi though. I think his main problem is he lost speed. He is big and lanky so that's help him plus he should play press coverage. I don't know if he can play well in space anymore. Brock and Cox are a lot younger and have more potential for the future. I don't see Asomugha being back as of now.

Our DB's give up yards but that's the way we play. We keep everything in front of us. Our S way back to make sure we don't give up home run balls. We'd rather make you work your way down the field and then buckle down in the red zone. The way we play we figure somewhere along your 7-8 play drive you will turn the ball over, have a penalty that kills the drive, not be able to pick up a 1st down or make a mistake along the way. We don't play that risk taking jump the route for pick 6s. We usually contest it and many times the guy will make the catch but we make the tackle immediately. We will give you short stuff all day long just try not to get beat in 1 play giving up an 80 yard td catch and run. Other than the 2012 playoff games our secondary has been pretty good since 2011. A big part of those games being bad was Justin and Aldon were both playing hurt and Fangio didn't want to blitz. He rushed 3 and let them pick us apart all day long. Anyways, to me we don't have any star power but really our DB's are a good solid deep group. Top to bottom Brown, Rogers, Culliver, Nnamdi, Brock, Cox are mostly solid players game in and game out. All have had bad games here and there but again for the most part they are solid week in and out. Check out some of the other teams in the league. Most of the DB groups are worse than ours.

As for Wright he is a backup plan. When he gets back don't be surprised if we cut him instead of activating him. If all our CB's are healthy and are playing well Wright probably gets cut. He was solid at times in Cleveland and decent in Detroit but from what I hear from TB fans he was horrible for them. He'd probably be towards the bottom of the depth chart. Not sure he's better than Nnamdi, Cox and Brock.

Agreed with everything except for the Bold, Gore_21. Simply because Baalke has been trying to get Wright to SF and not just this year I'm talking about, but right before he went to Detroit I believe. I don't think Baalke would trade for him, wait for his release then sign him only to release him again, that just doesn't make sense.
Honestly I think Brock is better than Nmandi. He may be an upgrade. I don't miss him at all.

Nmandi.... He can't defend the pass, the run or tackle at all.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Honestly I think Brock is better than Nmandi. He may be an upgrade. I don't miss him at all.

Nmandi.... He can't defend the pass, the run or tackle at all.

Nnamdi actually hasn't been that bad in pass coverage. PFF has him ranked 6th in league in coverage. He appears to be locking down his receivers. The missed tackles are discouraging.

Brock has missed his fair share of tackles. Brock also blew a couple of coverage's in preseason.

I don't think Brock is upgrade. He's only played one full game at nickel. He wasn't stellar but I will admit he was solid.

The fact of the matter is he had a chance in the preseason to grab the #3. I think Fangio gave him all the chances in the world to make it happen.

His spot on the depth chart is correct, and I don't see Fangio giving an injured players spot away.

That being said Brock will get his chances throughout the season. His performance this season have been encouraging, and I think he could be a long-term option at CB. I'm sure the coaching staff is considering this as well so will see.
sup
  • sfout
  • Veteran
!!!! GO BROCK
Tramaine Brock has been a nice surprise this year. He was actually the guy I hoped would be let go in favor of Cooper or Morris when the final cuts were made. If he continues this play, he may lock down that nickel back job for next season.
I take everything I said about Brock. I eat my words, I'm eating my crow. Brock > Nnamdi

I think that officially does it for Namdi...
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for 49erWay.
It can take years for an athlete to find his zone.

Tramaine has found it.
Originally posted by trellblaze:

It's too bad though... I really think our D would benefit from having more press corners a la the Seahawks.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trellblaze:

Perhaps, especially with one of Baalke's mancrushes Eric Wright waiting in the wings.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
All hail Tramaine Brock! Excellent defense on that last play while getting mugged. Very happy with Brock's performance this year, a consistent display of skill after the flashes of it were being snuffed out by injury.
Share 49ersWebzone