LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Time to put this sucka on IR and go find someone that can be a stop-gap for this season. Brock has been frustrating, disappointing and irritating this year.....put him on IR already!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Time to put this sucka on IR and go find someone that can be a stop-gap for this season. Brock has been frustrating, disappointing and irritating this year.....put him on IR already!!!

+1
  • thl408
Sign a fat contract extension, have a relaxing offseason regimen. Leads to an injury filled (unproductive) season. Happens nearly all the time in pro sports.
Originally posted by thl408:
Sign a fat contract extension, have a relaxing offseason regimen. Leads to an injury filled (unproductive) season. Happens nearly all the time in pro sports.

I really hope that isn't the case. I don't think the turf toe was anything attributed to slacking off in the offseason...generally that's hamstrings...however this hamstring injury happened after he came back and was limited due to his toe
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
cant believe a HAMSTRING has kept him out 5 weeks??? Really??? He's dogging it imo. Got paid and got phat.

yes i can. do you happen to be new to following sports? because anyone following sports knows hamstring can take a while
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Can we cut him without much of a hit?
any news on Brock?
Nothing other than he is pretty much a lock to start at CB.
How would you guys rate him?

Top 10 CB?
Top 20 CB?
Top 32 CB?
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Top 10 CB?
Top 20 CB?
Top 32 CB?

Tough to rate him. He hasn't played a full season as a starter. In 2013, he was playing like a Top 20 corner.

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Top 10 CB?
Top 20 CB?
Top 32 CB?

Tough to rate him. He hasn't played a full season as a starter. In 2013, he was playing like a Top 20 corner.

That would be really good, because you figure there's 64 starting CBs. I'm not so sure I'd rate him that high. I was thinking somewhere between 20-32, which is still good.

I think D.Johnson will be looked at as a top 20 CB when the year is over.

Top 10 CB?
Top 20 CB?
Top 32 CB?

That would be really good, because you figure there's 64 starting CBs. I'm not so sure I'd rate him that high. I was thinking somewhere between 20-32, which is still good.

Hopefully Brock is healthy and picks up where he left off in 2013. PFF graded him out in the Top 10, and that was in a part-time role. Was hoping he would really shine as a starter, but that turf toe injury wrecked his season. When healthy, he showed really good cover skills and made plays on the ball. I think he can definitely be in the 20-32 range if healthy.

Johnson showed some promise as a rookie. It's going to be hard getting him on the field, assuming Brock and Wright start, and Ward is in the slot. But he's definitely a guy to keep our eye on. He has a lot of ability.

Top 10 CB?
Top 20 CB?
Top 32 CB?

Hopefully Brock is healthy and picks up where he left off in 2013. PFF graded him out in the Top 10, and that was in a part-time role. Was hoping he would really shine as a starter, but that turf toe injury wrecked his season. When healthy, he showed really good cover skills and made plays on the ball. I think he can definitely be in the 20-32 range if healthy.

Johnson showed some promise as a rookie. It's going to be hard getting him on the field, assuming Brock and Wright start, and Ward is in the slot. But he's definitely a guy to keep our eye on. He has a lot of ability.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to rate CB's individually. I think it's safe to say as a unit, we're top 5...they all are...individually? Top 10...15? Sure!
Originally posted by DeUh:

Bump

I miss this hyphy mofo.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Bump

I miss this hyphy mofo.

Brock looked GREAT THERE!

I miss the good ol days!
Share 49ersWebzone