LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anyone else a bit concerned with Brock and his availability ? I mean he can't stay on the field this year. Hope he's getting better.
With his deal at 4 mil a year even if he ends up a long term #2 it's not a bad deal. He played like an 8 mil a year guy last year so being out most of this year evened out.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 19, 2014 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
With his deal at 4 mil a year even if he ends up a long term #2 it's not a bad deal. He played like an 8 mil a year guy last year so being out most of this year evened out.

Most important thing is the pass rush is accelerating with Aldon. This helps out the corners big time.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Most important thing is the pass rush is accelerating with Aldon. This helps out the corners big time.

That will help out a lot we were like the 2-4th ranked pass d all year with no pass rush so now that the pr has picked up should continue to be top 2-3 or maybe climb to 1. Amazing what Donatell has done with all the injuries. Makes me wonder if it's necessary to pick a cb high again this year (depends on if you think ward will be a cb or s). Johnson has looked good; I wonder how they would grade Ward if you take out his bears game in which he had no business being on Marshall. Reaser will be back soon and then Acker next year. I think Cox should be back and Cook would probably sign a 1 year vet min to compete in camp.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

That will help out a lot we were like the 2-4th ranked pass d all year with no pass rush so now that the pr has picked up should continue to be top 2-3 or maybe climb to 1. Amazing what Donatell has done with all the injuries. Makes me wonder if it's necessary to pick a cb high again this year (depends on if you think ward will be a cb or s). Johnson has looked good; I wonder how they would grade Ward if you take out his bears game in which he had no business being on Marshall. Reaser will be back soon and then Acker next year. I think Cox should be back and Cook would probably sign a 1 year vet min to compete in camp.

I don't think it's necessary to pick up a CB high at all. If Baalke knows anything, he knows DBs. He can get them high, mid level, low, or undrafted. I think we are fine. Even if Culliver walks, I don't think that CB need trumps DE or WR. We will draft a CB and I'm of the opinion that you should take one every year, just because lol. However we can wait until the 4th round or lower before visiting that position. Also, I think safety is a bigger need than corner (a backup that has starting potential). Of course, all of this is contingent upon who we resign. If we can somehow sign Cox and Culliver to decent deals, I look at us as having 3 starting corners, along with a slot corner, with the added depth of Jimmy Ward (who perhaps can be used more at safety), Johnson, Acker, and Reaser.

I am thrilled to see how the pass defense looks with a consistent pass rush. I expect the one difference will be more turnovers. I'm not expect anything like that happened in Giants game, but I do expect more rushed throws and bad throws with constant pressure in the opposing QBs face.
I feel that signing TBrock to an extension was a mistake. It's like the guy gets paid and now every part of his body is ailing. He got paid and now will be one of those players who will be on and off the field with "injuries". Waste of money in my opinion, I'd rather the Niners pay Cox who performs and DESERVES to be paid than some bum like Brock who gets paid but now can't even get on the field. Hope the Niners IR his a$$, tired of seeing him on the injury report.
F**ker is Jonas Jennings 2.0 this year smh
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
I feel that signing TBrock to an extension was a mistake. It's like the guy gets paid and now every part of his body is ailing. He got paid and now will be one of those players who will be on and off the field with "injuries". Waste of money in my opinion, I'd rather the Niners pay Cox who performs and DESERVES to be paid than some bum like Brock who gets paid but now can't even get on the field. Hope the Niners IR his a$$, tired of seeing him on the injury report.

Turf toe isn't something that's faked. I don't know what his deal is now, but please stop. If Tramaine Brock was still on some cheap contract, would you get on him for being injured? Do you feel the same way about Anthony Davis?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Turf toe isn't something that's faked. I don't know what his deal is now, but please stop. If Tramaine Brock was still on some cheap contract, would you get on him for being injured? Do you feel the same way about Anthony Davis?

No I don't feel the same way about Anthony Davis, he was out during preseason due to surgery but has played in more games than Brock. You must be happy to see a player just get paid and not perform on the field due to "injuries" that happened week 1. If it ain't turf toe it's his hammy. Just face it, he got paid and will forever be off and on the field with some sort of injury throughout his career.
Guy didn't get paid that much. He has to play to stay

Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

No I don't feel the same way about Anthony Davis, he was out during preseason due to surgery but has played in more games than Brock. You must be happy to see a player just get paid and not perform on the field due to "injuries" that happened week 1. If it ain't turf toe it's his hammy. Just face it, he got paid and will forever be off and on the field with some sort of injury throughout his career.

how do you know he will be forever on off the field....he hasn't shown that he's injury prone before this year
Not relevant
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
MaioccoCSN

Slight chance that CB Tramaine Brock plays, Fangio said.
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 11, 2014 at 2:12 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
cut this dude next year
Share 49ersWebzone