There are 420 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
PFFs "Secret Superstar" series, focusing on Tramaine Brock

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/05/29/secret-superstars-2014-49ers/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=secret-superstars-2014-49ers

Brock shocked the heck out of me. From the very first game he came in as a starter he made his mark and the guy is the first true ballhawk that the 49ers have had at CB that I can remember in quite some time. Now they add Ward at the nickel spot and it seems like the 49ers are going to be racking up quite a few more INT's next season.

Waaaaay more! Esp. once we start playing more press while bringing the pass rush (AND with the personnel we have now).
The sad part Phoenix, was that Brock was just as good sitting on the bench as he was when the injury allowed him to start. Therein lies a Harbaugh problem, because it is pretty obvious that Coaching staff, DC and HC had misjudged Brock's abiity. I wish that without injury he would have tried using LMJ in different capacity and others, and then just using others...vance, boldin...to see if they are starters or even belong on the team. Sometimes I wonder if there is something missing in talent utilization by HC , esp when an injury promotes a star like Brock.
It's funny reading the posts at the beginning of this thread. Now we are really relying on him..
"Brock only allowed three catches for 27 yards, but one of those catches was a 17-yard touchdown to Mario Manningham which put the Giants ahead in the fourth quarter."

Isn't it ridiculous how people make up their mind about a player based on one play?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
The sad part Phoenix, was that Brock was just as good sitting on the bench as he was when the injury allowed him to start. Therein lies a Harbaugh problem, because it is pretty obvious that Coaching staff, DC and HC had misjudged Brock's abiity. I wish that without injury he would have tried using LMJ in different capacity and others, and then just using others...vance, boldin...to see if they are starters or even belong on the team. Sometimes I wonder if there is something missing in talent utilization by HC , esp when an injury promotes a star like Brock.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
"Brock only allowed three catches for 27 yards, but one of those catches was a 17-yard touchdown to Mario Manningham which put the Giants ahead in the fourth quarter."

Isn't it ridiculous how people make up their mind about a player based on one play?

What boggles the mind is that Kyle Williams got approximately 1,000,000 chances even though he screwed us out of the Super Bowl, but Brock was shelved for an entire season for having a much smaller role in the same debacle
  • thl408
Brock's two biggest plays of the season show how smart and aggressive he is when it comes to reading the QB's drop back. Playing with a cushion, he read Shaub and Ryan as he jumped the short route and made the pick 6 on Shaub and triggered the unforgettable sequence in the "pick at the Stick". So glad Baalke locked him up at a great price for the next 4 years.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
He hasn't been playing well, that's for sure. I don't see how he keeps a roster spot. Rogers, Brown, Culliver and Cox. Then I think you're looking at the safties and depth behind them as far as our secondary goes.

cut brock, keep rogers, brown, culliver, cox and keep Michael Thomas on the roster as 5th safety / 5th cb - book it.

Still think we should cut Brock?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
He hasn't been playing well, that's for sure. I don't see how he keeps a roster spot. Rogers, Brown, Culliver and Cox. Then I think you're looking at the safties and depth behind them as far as our secondary goes.

cut brock, keep rogers, brown, culliver, cox and keep Michael Thomas on the roster as 5th safety / 5th cb - book it.

Still think we should cut Brock?

Lol....way to go resurrect an extremely early comment from before we (the zone) knew what Brock was. When I said that it was seriously a toss up between Brock and Thomas. Thomas almost made it to the 53 but having vets like Namdi pushed up onto the PS and you know if the coaches could do it over again they wouldn't have wasted time on Asomugha and they would've just kept Thomas.
Good article. How dumb does one have to be to become academically disqualified at Mississippi Gulf coast junior college?
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Originally posted by BrianGO:

What boggles the mind is that Kyle Williams got approximately 1,000,000 chances even though he screwed us out of the Super Bowl, but Brock was shelved for an entire season for having a much smaller role in the same debacle

Hindsight is 20/20. If you want to look for ways to blame Harbaugh, you will find them. I say you should cut him some slack here. Carlos Rogers was a Pro Bowl corner, Terrell Brown played excellently in our system, and Chris Culliver may be our best corner. There was a lot of talent in front of Brock on our depth chart. It would be just as easy to criticize Harbaugh after a loss for playing the young talent (e.g. LMJ) instead of the proven talent (e.g. Gore).

I look at it as a positive in being able to develop an unheralded player like Brock into a prominent role.
[ Edited by Wisconsin49erfan on May 30, 2014 at 5:04 AM ]

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
BrockHawk brah

Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Hindsight is 20/20. If you want to look for ways to blame Harbaugh, you will find them. I say you should cut him some slack here. Carlos Rogers was a Pro Bowl corner, Terrell Brown played excellently in our system, and Chris Culliver may be our best corner. There was a lot of talent in front of Brock on our depth chart. It would be just as easy to criticize Harbaugh after a loss for playing the young talent (e.g. LMJ) instead of the proven talent (e.g. Gore).

I look at it as a positive in being able to develop an unheralded player like Brock into a prominent role.

yep, maybe Brock wasn't even ready until last season, kudos to the management for sniffing out a talent.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

I think blaming Harbrough is fine
I like Brock, and I like how Fangio is using him. Fangio is in the minority in that he prefers his small corners on the outside where they can use the sideline to help control a WR.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
BrockHawk brah

Awwwwww yeeeeeee
Share 49ersWebzone