There are 185 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Brock has been good this year but had a rough last 2 games overall. It's the nature of the position. At times you gonna get roasted. Brock seems to fight back and play aggressive. White was killing him and Brown last week. But Brock made that big play late. Seems like he plays better in tight coverage vs playing off of guys
Easy folks...that was not a huge push off...not enough in my opinion to give up that td. He has been solid grtanted, but he also gets burned.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Easy folks...that was not a huge push off...not enough in my opinion to give up that td. He has been solid grtanted, but he also gets burned.

Two arms, extended push off, in other words, a huge push off, not sure how the refs missed it, but whatever.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Two arms, extended push off, in other words, a huge push off, not sure how the refs missed it, but whatever.

And I don't know how you could say he got burned when he was in perfect position on that route
Originally posted by Cooper22:

And I don't know how you could say he got burned when he was in perfect position on that route

Freak'n Moose Johnston said good no call on the ref. When you had team mates like Irvin that made the HOF off of push-offs, that one don't look so bad.

Brock should be more physical and act like he's going for the ball. Chances are good the ref wouldn't have called that. As it is, he got out played on that ball and looked like he was counting on the receiver catching the ball out of bound.

My bad I didn't mean he got burnt on that play. He had good enough coverage. Man given how the game was it was a good no call. Our WR's do it too. They all do it.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Freak'n Moose Johnston said good no call on the ref. When you had team mates like Irvin that made the HOF off of push-offs, that one don't look so bad.

Brock should be more physical and act like he's going for the ball. Chances are good the ref wouldn't have called that. As it is, he got out played on that ball and looked like he was counting on the receiver catching the ball out of bound.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Exactly!!! He did look like he was counting on the WR catching the ball out of bounds. There were a few plays yesterday that he looked a little soft on the coverage.
My bad I didn't mean he got burnt on that play. He had good enough coverage. Man given how the game was it was a good no call. Our WR's do it too. They all do it.

Every wide receiver pushes off to some extent, what Roberts did is the stuff you get flagged for normally.

Yeah that was a pretty darn big push off. You can't do anything as a DB when you get pushed away right when the ball is coming. Should have been a definite offensive pass interference call.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:
The refs did miss the push off on that Andre Roberts TD.

Huge push off, I was at the game and pretty heated that they didn't call that. That's about the only way Roberts was going to get separation like that.

You were at the game, were you one of the many thousands cheering for the 9ers? Seriously I thought I heard more fans cheering for the 9ers than Cards.....haha that's pathetic.

Brock is stupid when stay away for inches with him because he tried to get an ints?!? Come on silly.. I know that Brock wanna more to get an ints because ints make more moneys?! Then I called Brock is soo f**king selfish!! ... I dislike it mofo... I need him keep defense and not allow the yards or td. He must use for the incomplete pass than ints!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking he's not a long term starter.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking he's not a long term starter.

hes a clear top 3 cb on this team for the next few years, as evidenced by his 4yr 16 mil deal. he'll have to play real poorly to be played out of his current standing with the club. many of the beat writers think he got the money set aside for brown.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM ]
We used to have players that got beat by five or more yards and gave up touchdowns. We had a player in the Super Bowl last year who gave up a pass in the middle of the field that was thrown like a lame duck up for grabs, and then couldn't make the tackle after the WR had already fallen down. He was a Pro Bowler.

Brock runs stride for stride with a WR on a perfectly thrown ball with no help, gets shoved with two hands and the receiver makes a circus catch; and now he's a bum.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We used to have players that got beat by five or more yards and gave up touchdowns. We had a player in the Super Bowl last year who gave up a pass in the middle of the field that was thrown like a lame duck up for grabs, and then couldn't make the tackle after the WR had already fallen down. He was a Pro Bowler.

Brock runs stride for stride with a WR on a perfectly thrown ball with no help, gets shoved with two hands and the receiver makes a circus catch; and now he's a bum.
Just like he was a bum a few years ago when he gave up that TD to Manningham though he had decent coverage. It's just how fickle folks are on this site and overall. A lot of folks wanted this guy cut.
Share 49ersWebzone