There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tramaine Brock Thread

Send Singeltary a Christmas card for this jem and many others on D!!
Lockdown Brock... It's TrueMan
  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,509
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is or should be the plan. We'll have some serious guys that can cover, plus Eric Reid and HOPEFULLY Donte Whitner. I think since Whitner really wants to stay, he won't try to break the bank.

Does anyone think that with the improved talent level of the secondary that Fangio should be comfortable calling blitzes a little more often?

Hell no to resigning Whitner. He's our weakest link on D imo. What I have nightmares of is teams targetting Whitner in the playoffs.

That's just not true at all. Whitner is probably our best player in the secondary this year. Last year he was bad, but this year he's best one of the best safeties in the league.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,239
I remember this guy catching a lot of s**t. Honestly I font even remember where he came from but he gets a major assist on that play. He did just as much as Bowman on that play. Magical. Glad he's re-signed and with us for a while.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is or should be the plan. We'll have some serious guys that can cover, plus Eric Reid and HOPEFULLY Donte Whitner. I think since Whitner really wants to stay, he won't try to break the bank.

Does anyone think that with the improved talent level of the secondary that Fangio should be comfortable calling blitzes a little more often?

they're good enough to cover blitzes now

we have man to man corners not zone corners

brown, brock, wright all flourish when they have a man they're responsible for.

zone does nothing to take advantage of their speed and ball hawking skills

I agree. I stated in another thread we need to see a lil more Rex Ryan/Dick LeBeau styled 3-4. Most QBs (even elites like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning) would folder under the pressure created by a rotation of Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Corey Lemonier, Bowman, and Willis.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is or should be the plan. We'll have some serious guys that can cover, plus Eric Reid and HOPEFULLY Donte Whitner. I think since Whitner really wants to stay, he won't try to break the bank.

Does anyone think that with the improved talent level of the secondary that Fangio should be comfortable calling blitzes a little more often?

Hell no to resigning Whitner. He's our weakest link on D imo. What I have nightmares of is teams targetting Whitner in the playoffs.

That's just not true at all. Whitner is probably our best player in the secondary this year. Last year he was bad, but this year he's best one of the best safeties in the league.

This. Whitner is definitely not the weakest player. Some people refuse to forgive.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This. Whitner is definitely not the weakest player. Some people refuse to forgive.

last year he wasn't bad.
he was always covering for someone else wink wink
He plays like the Seahawks' secondary.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Is there ANY way we could keep Brown and dump rogers?

Yes when culiver gets back. Culiver may move to safety. Darn autocorrect

Why do that when Culliver can play outside?

Corner's have a hard time coming back from that injury. Revis looks above average this year. He will likely be better next year. Culiver gets a full twelve months to heal. Rodgers will take a pay cut to stay. It's not like I said cut him. I just think he'll be an all pro at free safety with Reid playing strong. Gotta replace whitner if he leaves.
Brock is a bargain. I'll review the game again as I think he struggled with White a few times.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Brock is a bargain. I'll review the game again as I think he struggled with White a few times.

zone responsibilities.

man to man he's excellent
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Brock is a bargain. I'll review the game again as I think he struggled with White a few times.

zone responsibilities.

man to man he's excellent

Roddy is a mismatch for most CBs.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Dec 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM ]
contract extension now!!

oh wait.....
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Roddy is a mismatch for most CBs.

if he jams him and can be aggressive he can hold his own.

but if roddy is running routes like its practice.. of course
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Is there ANY way we could keep Brown and dump rogers?

Yes when culiver gets back. Culiver may move to safety. Darn autocorrect

Why do that when Culliver can play outside?

Corner's have a hard time coming back from that injury. Revis looks above average this year. He will likely be better next year. Culiver gets a full twelve months to heal. Rodgers will take a pay cut to stay. It's not like I said cut him. I just think he'll be an all pro at free safety with Reid playing strong. Gotta replace whitner if he leaves.

This is where either a draft pick or Eric Wright come into play if Culliver isn't prepared to handle starting duties next year.