There are 268 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I had no idea he would be this good. Wow he's awesome. Always comes up with the big key play. He's very instinctive at jumping routes at the key times. It's hard to teach that. There is definitely something there IMO.

This good??

Dude was being roasted by Roddy White and Harry Douglas.

Dude made the best play of the game. Bowman doesn't even get that play if not for Tremaine Brock. His key big moment reads, anticipation and big play at the big time is outstanding. He also had an interception in the endzone at the end of the game. Roddy White looked more like Reid was covering him. But I don't know the defense that was called and who's responsibility it was to pick up the deep man.

Yes he made two good plays tonight, but for the amount of snaps he played, he was burnt toast. And that Roddy White TD that Reid gave up was Brocks assignment too, only he couldn't keep up with White on that play.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:
This good??

Did you miss the rest of the games he played in this year? For the most part has been lock down. Plus even if you want to call this a bad game without him we could very well have lost. He was the reason Bowman had a shot at the play.

jonesadrian, yeah brock is a physical corner we should be playing him and Rogers up in man. Brown is probably the only one more meant for zone but he can do both. Part of our Fangio's philosophy is to keep everything in front of you so he plays them off a lot. He just figures you won't be able to string together enough first downs to score points and that eventually you will have a drive killing penalties or multiple penalties, or turn the ball over or have to punt. I wish he would blitz a little more at times our pass rush is dominant at other teams it disappears for long stretches which is when he should blitz. He is very hesitant too and again likes to keep everything in front of him more risk of giving up a big play on a blitz but more chance of making a big play. Still I'm much more worried about Roman and his madness and the offense than the defense.

When did I bring up his past games this season? But since you went there, he gave up key catches in the Tampa and Seattle games. Brock is 3rd CB at best, hes no starter.
Yes he made two good plays tonight, but for the amount of snaps he played, he was burnt toast. And that Roddy White TD that Reid gave up was Brocks assignment too, only he couldn't keep up with White on that play.

So one bad game and pretty much every other one he has started he has been really good and our best CB. You could say by far even over Brown. That being said I think we have to pick a #3 WR (if boldin back) and (#3 cb, brown gone) in rounds 1/2. We shouldn't take those 2 spots likely at all. pick 1 should be wr/cb and pick 2 should be the other one not taken. Those will be by for our biggest needs unless Whitner isn't back. Even then I think we still should go wr/cb or cb/wr with the 1st 2 picks. Then use the 2nd 2nd rounder to take a SS since there isn't that great of value on the SS's and it's a weak class imo. I'd probably go CB first since I think there is more depth at WR although WR probably a bigger need (although we dont use our #3 that much anyways) so I'd be fine either way.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM ]
I had no idea he would be this good. Wow he's awesome. Always comes up with the big key play. He's very instinctive at jumping routes at the key times. It's hard to teach that. There is definitely something there IMO.

This good??

Dude made the best play of the game. Bowman doesn't even get that play if not for Tremaine Brock. His key big moment reads, anticipation and big play at the big time is outstanding. He also had an interception in the endzone at the end of the game. Roddy White looked more like Reid was covering him. But I don't know the defense that was called and who's responsibility it was to pick up the deep man.

What you do have to admit is he tends to make the play of the game in many games and game turning plays too. You can't teach that. You can't coach that. Some guys just got that. And Tremaine Brock is one of them. You keep those guys and you want them on the field as much as possible.

Overall he's been very good in coverage this year knocking the ball away, getting interceptions, making the key play of the game that turns the tide. I certainly like what he has done overall for this team by a longshot. Roddy White always burns us. He is big, runs a 4.3 and was a very high pick in draft. He's a good player and a great athlete (White). He does this to a lot of teams and has been doing it to the 49ers in particular for years and many coaching regimes and many different DB's. LOL.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Trust me I do like Brock as depth for the 9ers, I just don't think hes a starter or should be guarding the opposing teams number one receiver. Hes done some good things this year, but you gotta admit hes been inconsistent.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Trust me I do like Brock as depth for the 9ers, I just don't think hes a starter or should be guarding the opposing teams number one receiver. Hes done some good things this year, but you gotta admit hes been inconsistent.

Agreed

I think Brown needs get his spot back.
Originally posted by susweel:
Agreed

I think Brown needs get his spot back.

totally disagree with that

one of them needs to sit down rogers or brown cause eric wright and brock working together were lights out
Still think Brock is a starting caliber corner. He has nice instincts jumping the passing lanes, and generally plays with tight coverage. Ryan had a lot of time to throw for much of the game, putting a great deal of pressure on the secondary. ATL did a nice job chipping the pass rushers and helping the tackles. They still have dynamic receiving options, despite their record.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Still think Brock is a starting caliber corner. He has nice instincts jumping the passing lanes, and generally plays with tight coverage. Ryan had a lot of time to throw for much of the game, putting a great deal of pressure on the secondary. ATL did a nice job chipping the pass rushers and helping the tackles. They still have dynamic receiving options, despite their record.

that and zone

all our players do in zone is stay in their area and pass players off to other people..

it's like they have an invisible line.

a guy will be the only guy in the area nobody else 20 yards in either direction and if he's 1inch outside of the responsibility area.. then the person won't budge until after the catch is made

this team takes responsibilities way too literal to play a zone.

they do better having defined men and focusing on stopping them altogether
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

that and zone

all our players do in zone is stay in their area and pass players off to other people..

it's like they have an invisible line.

a guy will be the only guy in the area nobody else 20 yards in either direction and if he's 1inch outside of the responsibility area.. then the person won't budge until after the catch is made

this team takes responsibilities way too literal to play a zone.

they do better having defined men and focusing on stopping them altogether

Yes, this too. I HATE Cover 2 Zone when it's used too early. I can understand using it with 2 minutes to go, the other team has no timeouts. But not with the entire 4th qtr left to be played. It allowed ATL to string together 2 TD drives, and get back in the game with plenty of time to spare.

Prevent defense -- all it does is prevent you from winning.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM ]

Yes, this too. I HATE Cover 2 Zone when it's used too early. I can understand using it with 2 minutes to go, the other team has no timeouts. But not with the entire 4th qtr left to be played. It allowed ATL to string together 2 TD drives, and get back in the game with plenty of time to spare.

Prevent defense -- all it does is prevent you from winning.

makes no sense when you can just stop them by doing what you did every other possession of the game.

lol
Worth every penny. Big play Brock made it happen again!

This good??

Man, Roddy and Matt Ryan where just on fire. Those throws were lasers
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

This good??

Man, Roddy and Matt Ryan where just on fire. Those throws were lasers

When Ryan is in Matty Ice mode, he is a very good QB.
We have 4 good-very good corners. There is no reason to continually give guys free releases when we normally get pressure on the QB
Share 49ersWebzone