LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd rather take a Wr if a good one drops to us in the first round. I think we're ok to go Cb in the second knowing Brock and Wright are our starters going forward.

I'm with you bud! Our front 7 is helping our DBs a good deal and vice versa. We can wait until round 2 unless a can't miss prospect falls through but we need WRs in the worst way. Ones that will force defenses to play at least 4 DBs and not 3 like the Saints. WRs that make you cover the entire field and we need a couple of them ala Rascal
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He'll be the third corner.

Or the starter. He was the 49ers best performing CB in the regular season last year.

Yeah Culliver will be the #1 or #2 next year, depending on if Brown gets signed. If the season ended today I think Brock would be ahead of Culliver because of the injury and Brock's play. Brock and Culliver on the outside with Wright or Morris as the nickel back makes me a little bit hord.

Culliver is the nickel corner. It takes a particular ability. In some ways it's actually the most difficult corner spot even though it's commonly looked at as the "#3."

I'd hope we have Brown and Brock on the oustide and Cully @ nickel.

And that's not a knock on Cully. It's a luxury most teams can't afford to have a stud (or potential stud) at nickel, but I'd be pretty comfortable with Culliver on the outside as well. I think he has some of the best timing attacking incoming footballs in the league, but I really like him at nickel corner.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Nov 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM ]
Anyone else not fully confident in Brock yet?
Lol....Didn't everybody in the zone wanted to get rid of this guy in the offseason? Especially after he gave up that game saving catch to Manningham in the 2011 NFCC game? It's AMAZING how good play can easily erased some painful memories in some people's head. Well, good signing anyway. Hopefully, Wright plays lights out and sign a cheap deal with us.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Lol....Didn't everybody in the zone wanted to get rid of this guy in the offseason? Especially after he gave up that game saving catch to Manningham in the 2011 NFCC game? It's AMAZING how good play can easily erased some painful memories in some people's head. Well, good signing anyway. Hopefully, Wright plays lights out and sign a cheap deal with us.

(raises hand)

I'm still not sold. And I believe it could bite us in the ass down the road.
This is a great signing. The price is super low for the production he gives you. He's also the right amount of youth and experience. He's at that perfect crossroads. I think we could look back on this like a steal someday soon. Lets be honest he's playing like the best CB we have. Can he keep it up? Who knows? But he's worth that at this point. Any more play like he has been giving and he will be a lot more expensive.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
He'll be the third corner.

Or the starter. He was the 49ers best performing CB in the regular season last year.

Yeah Culliver will be the #1 or #2 next year, depending on if Brown gets signed. If the season ended today I think Brock would be ahead of Culliver because of the injury and Brock's play. Brock and Culliver on the outside with Wright or Morris as the nickel back makes me a little bit hord.

Culliver is the nickel corner. It takes a particular ability. In some ways it's actually the most difficult corner spot even though it's commonly looked at as the "#3."

I'd hope we have Brown and Brock on the oustide and Cully @ nickel.

And that's not a knock on Cully. It's a luxury most teams can't afford to have a stud (or potential stud) at nickel, but I'd be pretty comfortable with Culliver on the outside as well. I think he has some of the best timing attacking incoming footballs in the league, but I really like him at nickel corner.
Actually Culliver never played Nickel. When we went to a Nickel D, Culliver lined up outside in Rogers spot and Rogers moved inside to the slot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is a great signing. The price is super low for the production he gives you. He's also the right amount of youth and experience. He's at that perfect crossroads. I think we could look back on this like a steal someday soon. Lets be honest he's playing like the best CB we have. Can he keep it up? Who knows? But he's worth that at this point. Any more play like he has been giving and he will be a lot more expensive.

You can't beat $4M per for a starting corner.

You can't beat $4M per for a starting corner.

He's playing as the best CB on our team and I think he has even more upside. I really never knew he could be this good. The most pleasant surprise of 2013. IMO it's actually a ripoff for him perhaps. If he had continued to play like this he could get huge money somewhere.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's playing as the best CB on our team and I think he has even more upside. I really never knew he could be this good. The most pleasant surprise of 2013. IMO it's actually a ripoff for him perhaps. If he had continued to play like this he could get huge money somewhere.

Yeah, he was buried on the depth chart. Just goes to show what can happen when you get an opportunity.

its not even that.... alot of folks just wanted to get rid of him because they never see or hear him "making a play"...if you are a CB and your name is not mentioned or you are not on the TV screen getting burnt, THEN THAT'S A GOOD THING!

but some on the Zone just remember old s**t and run with it to the wheels fall off.....want to just get rid of players and try new ones, as if this were their fantasy team.

same s**t with Dixon for the longest time...

"oh he dances too much" -THAT WAS 3 YEARS Ago.
"Oh lets get rid of him because of his tweets and try Lattimore" - As if pass protection and special teams is plug and play.

let's get rid of Brock because he doesn't do s**t and that Giants game....oh Nnamdi used to be an AllPro... s**t on Brock, praise Nnamdi.

oh Nnambi is hurt, Brock steps up and gets INTS.... NNAMDI SUCKS GET RID OF HIM!! (even though there is a chance we might need Nnamdi, in case of an injury down the road.)

Webzoners want Players to be loyal...give home discounts on their contracts, give autographs and take pics in public..etc... But are quick to s**t on these players with the slightest change of the wind.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Plus I expect them to draft a CB relatively early....or two depending on how things with Wright and Rogers go.

We will know before the draft if we have signed Wright. [:

Yeah,
He has really developed with our staff. Too bad we can't develop a WR. Crabtree developed in spite of Morton. I am sure we can find a much better WR coach than Morton. He needs to go. Now Ed Donatell he is a beast.

Bargain price for a good player on the rise. It is nice to develop your own talent.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I know I was one of them, I still don't think hes worth the contract, even Ronnie Heard had 3 picks in one game. The tables turn all the time, remember all the praise Carlos Rogers was getting AFTER the 2011 season, now most want him out. I think another 1 year contract would've been sufficient, who cares if the 9ers lose him to free agency, I'd rather keep Tarrell Brown, someone who's been consistently good the past two years. That's just my 2 cents no need to get all worked up.
Share 49ersWebzone