There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tramaine Brock Thread

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Back in 2010 and 11 I broke down pre-season games and one of the reasons I liked him from the get go is because of his change of direction and ability to break on the ball. His main thing is his play is kind of up and down. I think a majority of his bad rap comes from the 3rd and 15 that lead to a TD for Manningham in the NFCCG. I just hope he can stay consistent when he starts to play better QB's. It's only been 2 games against struggling QB's. There is a long ways to go for him to prove he is a legit #2 or 3. I'm happy our secondary stepped up unlike our WR corp. Whitner, Reid, Brock, Rogers, Brown are all playing well. Cox is playing solid and I don't think Nnamdi is playing as bad as everyone says. #2 pass defense and that's without Culliver and with Goldson leaving.

Side note another player I saw great hip bend and flexibility and the ability to close on the route quick was Phillip Adams. Adams was a little quicker on the break and a little more flexible but Brock is a lot thicker and more physical. Adams is still holding on as a #4 I believe for the Raiders and is doing well for a 7th round pick out of South Carolina State University.

Scott Kegley interview for 49ers.com
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Weekly-Conversation-CB-Tramaine-Brock-/54a00041-7c6c-4a46-b7e4-5ed65924d349

this for sure, I never forgave him until this last sunday
If this article doesn't inspire you to root for Tramaine Brock, nothing will:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/10/19/tramaine-brocks-improbable-rise-a-divine-story/
Who knew Brock could play at a Pro Bowl level?.....
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

INT

gets beat for a big play but rebounds with a TD saving pass defense. Me Like.
Where did this guy come from? All I can say is wow. We should look pretty nice next year with Culliver, Brock, possibly Eric Wright, a blue chip rookie or two, Morris, and maybe Rogers. I'm more against than for bringing back Rogers because of salary however. He's done a decent job this year, but that 8 million hurts. The good news is that we probably won't have to do Aldon's deal yet. Either way, ou
it took an injury to expose that Brock is a real good player.. otherwise he will not even see the field... i think we may have few more players on the bench that can play at high level but they are so buried in the depth chart that they wont see daylight..
Originally posted by kazak13:
it took an injury to expose that Brock is a real good player.. otherwise he will not even see the field... i think we may have few more players on the bench that can play at high level but they are so buried in the depth chart that they wont see daylight..

And people complained when a certain other QB was injured and replaced by Kap.
Man, this season is almost falling perfectly (knock on wood) in terms of long term prospects. I'm so proud of Brock. He's totally erased the negative image I had of him in the 2011 NFC Championship.

At this rate we will be set at CB next year. Plus we have Culliver returning. We'll probably get Rogers to take a serious reduction or be cut. Not sure what's going to happen with Brown though.
Brock was always pretty good. Now he's becoming very good.
Guy is straight ballin this year
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
Man, this season is almost falling perfectly (knock on wood) in terms of long term prospects. I'm so proud of Brock. He's totally erased the negative image I had of him in the 2011 NFC Championship.

At this rate we will be set at CB next year. Plus we have Culliver returning. We'll probably get Rogers to take a serious reduction or be cut. Not sure what's going to happen with Brown though.

brock is a free agent after this year so unfortunately i don't see him sticking around unless we pony up some decent cash. i hope we do though (if he keeps playing this way). he seems to be the only one of our CB's that consistently looks back for the ball
Originally posted by frenchmov:

brock is a free agent after this year so unfortunately i don't see him sticking around unless we pony up some decent cash. i hope we do though (if he keeps playing this way). he seems to be the only one of our CB's that consistently looks back for the ball

I bet we sign him, hes young, and with just a majority of one season starting he may not break the bank. He is honestly playing liek our best CB since coming in, he plays the ball well, instead of just playing the WR. He also has good jumping ability like Culliver. I could dig him and Culliver with Eazy E eric Wright and possibly a nice draft choice.

That is horrible news. I thought he signed an extension? Only one year?
  • sfout
  • Veteran

That is horrible news. I thought he signed an extension? Only one year?

He was an RFA or even an exclusive rights FA last season so we inked him to just 1 year. Glad we did. Maybe give to a tarell brown style extension? From rotoworld...
10/28/2009: Signed a five-year, $8.135 million contract. The deal included a $2.5 million signing bonus. 2013: $925,000, 2014: Free Agent
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Not Niner Talk