Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tramaine Brock Thread

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Namdi was our weak spot in the secondary. Brock is our 3rd CB with hopefully Cox as our 4th. Namdi used to be good, but he has lost a couple steps, and can't tackle.

do you think namdi has value as a third or 4th corner, if brock has taken his job,, or do you think his time is done when whats his face is ready to play for us after week 7?

I would play Cox before him. He can't cover or tackle.

wow , maybe he could be in a situation where he would be inactive on game day once wright is eligible to play for us after week 7? if that were to happen, that would be something else the way his career bottomed out. IF that were to happen. thank you, always forget about cox,, he is more than respectable, good special teams guy and can return kicks and punts in a pinch
Originally posted by NCommand:
Reposted here:

Boy am I stoked for the way Brock stood out last night. Not b/c of the big plays he made but HOW he made them. I've been talking about how poor (coaching) our technique has been at the CB position for a while now (e.g. letting receivers get behind them and THEN throw their arms up once the receiver's body language suggests the ball is arriving, not getting their head turned around, playing WAY off esp. on 3rd and shorts, not keeping the WR in front of them and an eye on the QB, etc.). You could REALLY see the difference between Brown (lucky as hell) and Brock last night. Brock was physical, stayed in his hip pocket, kept the WR in front of him WHILE keeping an eye on the QB and equally important, came off his route to undercut another (pick-6). I have not seen this since Rogers in his contract year!

And it's a good thing b/c Cooper played great again for the Chiefs yesterday and had a critical INT late in the 4Q to lead to 3 points that helped wrap up the game for the 5-0 Chiefs!

Yes, as we've discussed before, was great to see Brock AGAIN get his head around to play the ball...he darn near had his third pick of the game even with the Texans WR holding down Brock's arm (PI call). And his second pick, if he catches it cleanly it's another Pick 6...but at least he had the awareness to track the ball off his own deflection. It's very encouraging to see that, while the front 7 isn't as stout against the run this year, the SECONDARY has been picking up the slack. I haven't checked the stats today but the Niners are easily Top 5 vs the pass right now.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Reposted here:

Boy am I stoked for the way Brock stood out last night. Not b/c of the big plays he made but HOW he made them. I've been talking about how poor (coaching) our technique has been at the CB position for a while now (e.g. letting receivers get behind them and THEN throw their arms up once the receiver's body language suggests the ball is arriving, not getting their head turned around, playing WAY off esp. on 3rd and shorts, not keeping the WR in front of them and an eye on the QB, etc.). You could REALLY see the difference between Brown (lucky as hell) and Brock last night. Brock was physical, stayed in his hip pocket, kept the WR in front of him WHILE keeping an eye on the QB and equally important, came off his route to undercut another (pick-6). I have not seen this since Rogers in his contract year!

And it's a good thing b/c Cooper played great again for the Chiefs yesterday and had a critical INT late in the 4Q to lead to 3 points that helped wrap up the game for the 5-0 Chiefs!

Yes, as we've discussed before, was great to see Brock AGAIN get his head around to play the ball...he darn near had his third pick of the game even with the Texans WR holding down Brock's arm (PI call). And his second pick, if he catches it cleanly it's another Pick 6...but at least he had the awareness to track the ball off his own deflection. It's very encouraging to see that, while the front 7 isn't as stout against the run this year, the SECONDARY has been picking up the slack. I haven't checked the stats today but the Niners are easily Top 5 vs the pass right now.

Absolutely. I just pray he's not going to get coached DOWN now if he continues to get more PT d/t Nnamdi being out.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Fangio has consistently talked this guy up. Seems he was right. He came to us ultra raw. Coaches have done a good job. Kudos!

Singletary and Manusky would have made him a surefire Pro Bowler by now.

The Niners have the No. 2 pass defense in the NFL, right behind the Texans.
2 good games in a row. I'll be looking for a third one in a row.
I hope Brock keeps it up and eventually takes back his job from Culliver too. At least he can track the ball in the air.
[ Edited by 49erMike on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by real9erfan:

The Niners have the No. 2 pass defense in the NFL, right behind the Texans.

And this is without the best OLB pass rusher in the league and best MLB in the league.

Namdi was our weak spot in the secondary. Brock is our 3rd CB with hopefully Cox as our 4th. Namdi used to be good, but he has lost a couple steps, and can't tackle.

do you think namdi has value as a third or 4th corner, if brock has taken his job,, or do you think his time is done when whats his face is ready to play for us after week 7?

I would play Cox before him. He can't cover or tackle.

wow , maybe he could be in a situation where he would be inactive on game day once wright is eligible to play for us after week 7? if that were to happen, that would be something else the way his career bottomed out. IF that were to happen. thank you, always forget about cox,, he is more than respectable, good special teams guy and can return kicks and punts in a pinch

Cox should be our primary KR PR.. stupid that he's not
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Cox should be our primary KR PR.. stupid that he's not

agree he can handle punt returns,,, in regards to kick returns,, do you not think james could bring more to the table than cox? we know james can not field a punt worth a tinkers damn but kick returns he is good. your turn
I forget this is only his fourth year. Hopefully we found a diamond in the rough with this guy.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Wow, Brock is really showing his game. Hope he holds on to it for the teams sake.

Agree. Kid is looking very good out there the last couple weeks. Keep up the good play Brock!
I hope his skills have improved which I believe they have bc I don't know if anyone remembers but Brock was actually our weak link. Rogers brown were solid esp brown and when Brock would come in due to injury or what not be would get exposed. Remember the nyg playoff game 2 years ago when our DBS crashed into each other????? Next play 3 and 17 and Brock gives up the Td to manningham.

Brock may be better than before but before any of you start with the he is our best Cb or could be, remember brown is such a better cb hell he didn't give up a Td all of last year in the regular season and the only one he gave up was to Julio jones in the playoffs and that was great coverage.

Culliver rated as the number one cb against I believe 3rd downs and opponents Tds even though he had a bad SB. I hope Brock is good now bc I would rather not stick with him the whole year and then get exposed in the playoffs rather than a possible better cb like wright that may not have a 2 int game like Brock did but may be a better nickle back.

And that's one to grow on
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 8, 2013 at 2:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
One tipped pass and the crown comes out!!!

can he wear the crown now?

Awesome play yesterday gotta give credit where its due, but I'll wait for a few more games to see if hes for real, this team has been hot and cold lately.

I don't know about crowning or what not, but considering the way Namdi has played at the #3 spot it didn't really take much. I think he's done more than enough to replace him at this time. Now lets say Namdi gets better as he becomes more acclimated to the D later in the season then the race might be a lot closer but right now, Brock is in at #3.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I hope his skills have improved which I believe they have bc I don't know if anyone remembers but Brock was actually our weak link. Rogers brown were solid esp brown and when Brock would come in due to injury or what not be would get exposed. Remember the nyg playoff game 2 years ago when our DBS crashed into each other????? Next play 3 and 17 and Brock gives up the Td to manningham.

Brock may be better than before but before any of you start with the he is our best Cb or could be, remember brown is such a better cb hell he didn't give up a Td all of last year in the regular season and the only one he gave up was to Julio jones in the playoffs and that was great coverage.

Culliver rated as the number one cb against I believe 3rd downs and opponents Tds even though he had a bad SB. I hope Brock is good now bc I would rather not stick with him the whole year and then get exposed in the playoffs rather than a possible better cb like wright that may not have a 2 int game like Brock did but may be a better nickle back.

And that's one to grow on

I think everyone remembers that and that 1 play is the sole reason he has received so much hatred from niner fans.. Me included... He was put in a situation he clearly wasnt ready... He has definitely developed from jus a raw player lets hope he can keep this up.