LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Did anybody else notice that, had he caught the 2nd pick cleanly, it would've been another pick-6? Reid dropped one that wasn't as sure but definitely could've gone back as well.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Did anybody else notice that, had he caught the 2nd pick cleanly, it would've been another pick-6? Reid dropped one that wasn't as sure but definitely could've gone back as well.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
cut asomuagh. srs.
Originally posted by GEEK:
At this pace, Brock is going to replace Tarell Brown next season. Wright, Culliver, Brock, and maybe Rogers.

Not Rogers, plz not Rogers.
At this pace, Brock is going to replace Tarell Brown next season. Wright, Culliver, Brock, and maybe Rogers.

Too bad Brock, Brown and Wright will be unrestricted FAs after this year.
Dude has stepped up. Used to hate on him all the time (see Manningham scoring TD's against him in the 2011 NFC Championship game).
He has sure stepped up in a BIG way the last 2 weeks
If we could bring back Brock, and Brown along with Cully and draft 2-3 corners we should be golden. With the progression of Reid, Whitner seems to be playing much better than he did when he was back there with Goldson. Outside of that we can take a safety late for depth.
beastly!!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Dude has stepped up. Used to hate on him all the time (see Manningham scoring TD's against him in the 2011 NFC Championship game).

This, it has taken me awhile to get over Brock bonehead play in the NFC championship game, it was 3rd and goal if I recall and about 15 yards out and he got burned on a post route (hello defend the end zone ).. Glad to see Brock work hard to improve & seize his oppurtunity

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If we could bring back Brock, and Brown along with Cully and draft 2-3 corners we should be golden. With the progression of Reid, Whitner seems to be playing much better than he did when he was back there with Goldson. Outside of that we can take a safety late for depth.

Yeah wouldn't that be nice to sign Brown to a reasonable team friendly deal, have Rogers take a big pay cut and re-sign Brock and draft a guy high but that's a lot of hoping. Brown has been underpaid for years; he probably goes for a pay day. If Brock keeps this up he will go for more money too. Rogers probably won't take a pay cut so he could be cut. Would suck if Culliver is the only one back. In that case we would probably use our RFA and re-sign Cox for 1.4 mil. Can't have all rookies.

And for those wondering Brown, Brock, Cox, Wright are all FA's after this year. Only ones under contract are Culliver and Rogers who will make like 8.094 mil and I don't see us paying him that much.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 6, 2013 at 11:27 PM ]
Originally posted by xela510:

Not Rogers, plz not Rogers.

Brown is gone dude. Can;t afford everyone. He will be let go. He isnt happy with his contract. I dont see how he can be mad at us, he should of read his damn contract. Dont blame the Agent only. Blame yourself.

Rogers has played better this year. But he will be cut or pay cut, there isnt money out there. So dont expect any fancy signings, like everyone wants or does in Madden. Under 7M right now for 2014. Guys I would like extended are Kap, Aldon, if he comes back clean, Cully, Hunter, Miller, then get Vernon, McDonald to restructure and extend them past 2015. Maybe Willis too. And if you think I'm crazy for suggesting it, look back november 2012, Rogers, Vernon and McDonald did it for Bowman. So it can be done again. They dont take a pay cut, they get an up front signing bonus, which is like making the same amount, just prorate the left over bonus over however many years they are signed for. 5yrs is max for prorations.
Dude has really stepped up
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Brown is gone dude. Can;t afford everyone. He will be let go. He isnt happy with his contract. I dont see how he can be mad at us, he should of read his damn contract. Dont blame the Agent only. Blame yourself.

Rogers has played better this year. But he will be cut or pay cut, there isnt money out there. So dont expect any fancy signings, like everyone wants or does in Madden. Under 7M right now for 2014. Guys I would like extended are Kap, Aldon, if he comes back clean, Cully, Hunter, Miller, then get Vernon, McDonald to restructure and extend them past 2015. Maybe Willis too. And if you think I'm crazy for suggesting it, look back november 2012, Rogers, Vernon and McDonald did it for Bowman. So it can be done again. They dont take a pay cut, they get an up front signing bonus, which is like making the same amount, just prorate the left over bonus over however many years they are signed for. 5yrs is max for prorations.

It's the agent's job to know the contract and translate it to the player. Yes, he can blame the agent. That's one of the main reasons he exists.

At any rate, for better or worse, it's likely we'll have a different secondary next season. I think a good portion of our draft will be for DBs and, based on the team's history, we'll bring in 1-2 veteran free agents at each vacated position.
[ Edited by trellblaze on Oct 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM ]
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It's the agent's job to know the contract and translate it to the player. Yes, he can blame the agent. That's one of the main reasons he exists.

At any rate, for better or worse, it's likely we'll have a different secondary next season. I think a good portion of our draft will be for DBs and, based on the team's history, we'll bring in 1-2 veteran free agents at each vacated position.

He should of read it himself also, he has a copy, you should know what to do, and not rely on someone else, what is this pre-school. He shouldn't need someone to tell him, "hey show up, or you loss 2M", he should of known of it. He is a dumbass then, read the f**king contract. It's on both Agent, and Brown.
Share 49ersWebzone