Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Lock: Moss
Probable: Willis
On The Right Track: J.Smith, V.Davis
Outside Chance: Gore
Way To Early, But Looks Good So Far: Ald.Smith, Bowman, Iupati

This /thread
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
VD will break every TE record there is by the time hes done so i think he'll be in there. gore is great but there are just way too many backs who have done more. j Smith will make it if he plays a couple more years. Willis is the most sure fire one. moss was kind of a douche so maybe he gets the charles haley treatment.

VD aint breaking Tony Gonzalez's records. Tony Gonzalez caught 90+ receptions 4 times.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Aug 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Lock: Moss
Probable: Willis
On The Right Track: J.Smith, V.Davis
Outside Chance: Gore
Way To Early, But Looks Good So Far: Ald.Smith, Bowman, Iupati

Yeap!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Corrected: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?player_id=262

Ray Guy is not in the Hall of Fame. Jan Stenerud is the only one in exclusively as a kicker.
Originally posted by 20halfbackcurlXup:
alex smith if he wins 3 or more superbowls

[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Aug 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM ]

Honestly, I am so sick of the SB argument for Hall of Famers. I am being 100% honest that this has NOTHING to do with it being Alex Smith. Its just that for Hall of Famers, you need to have an impressive list of INDIVIDUAL accomplishments to be considered a Hall of Famer.

Like when people bring up Ben Roethlisberger as a future Hall of Famer, I find that absurd. Just because he has two rings, doesnt outweigh the fact that aside from ONE Pro Bowl appearance, Ben's resume of personal accomplishments is a blank piece of paper.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Honestly, I am so sick of the SB argument for Hall of Famers. I am being 100% honest that this has NOTHING to do with it being Alex Smith. Its just that for Hall of Famers, you need to have an impressive list of INDIVIDUAL accomplishments to be considered a Hall of Famer.

Like when people bring up Ben Roethlisberger as a future Hall of Famer, I find that absurd. Just because he has two rings, doesnt outweigh the fact that aside from ONE Pro Bowl appearance, Ben's resume of personal accomplishments is a blank piece of paper.

I agree.

But its about 49ers HOF, not the rest of the league. So you guys either talk about that or this thread ran its course. Not you, this is for everyone.
Sorry RN36. Bringing up Ben was just my way of trying to rebut that claim about Alex, without it really being about Alex (to appease the idea of not turning this into an Alex thread).

Carrying on.....

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I agree.

But its about 49ers HOF, not the rest of the league.

Just wonderin,how is it about "49ers HOF not the rest of the league"?? Thought the title of the thread just said "Hall of Fame"??
VD will break every TE record there is by the time hes done so i think he'll be in there. gore is great but there are just way too many backs who have done more. j Smith will make it if he plays a couple more years. Willis is the most sure fire one. moss was kind of a douche so maybe he gets the charles haley treatment.

thats a little much considering Gronk has already done that and hes only 23....

Gronk nearly had more TDs last year than Vernon Davis in his career :////
Sorry RN36. Bringing up Ben was just my way of trying to rebut that claim about Alex, without it really being about Alex (to appease the idea of not turning this into an Alex thread).

Carrying on.....

SB's at the end of a career definitely helps though
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

thats a little much considering Gronk has already done that and hes only 23....

Gronk nearly had more TDs last year than Vernon Davis in his career :////

In two years Gronk has 27TDs! In 6 Vernon has 35 =[

I totally get what your saying. However, Super Bowls do play a factor. For example, if Joe Montana never won 4 super bowls his stats wouldn't make him a first ballot necessarily. Same goes for Troy Aikman. Getting your team to the Super Bowl says you have a certain element to your game that cannot be seen on a stat sheet. On the other hand, we can't let guys in like Tedy Bruschi either just because they've won 3.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Aug 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone