LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Anthony Dixon vs Rock Cartwright

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pros for both

Dixon 6-1 235: can be a power back (esp. with Jacobs hurt), plays well on ST, and can play FB and block better than Rock.

Rock 5-8 215: has return skills, vet leadership & exp, also tackels well on ST, has shown some nice running ability at his age

Overall after the HOU game I have Dixon above Roc as of right now. Dixon made a nice catch and made good cuts on his runs. He also provides versatility b/c he can play FB as well. And yeah Roc has return skills but so does Ginn, Williams, LMJ, and Nelms.

All hail BIG DIX!
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Aug 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM ]
If Dixon was going to prove he can be a power RB , he could have done that the past couple of seasons, granted Dixon is a good ST player , but then again Rock is just as good on ST , and is better running the ball and catching the ball out of the backfield

but who knows, both of them could easily be cut before the Packers game??
Anybody > Anthony Dixon
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
rock will not be cut, he will named capt of the special teams. he has more and better intangibles than dixon. rock is focused on the team and the game and not on tweeting.dixon will be one of the last people cut but he will be cut, rock will stay and on the week before green bay will be named captain of special teams
Originally posted by cciowa:
rock will not be cut, he will named capt of the special teams. he has more and better intangibles than dixon. rock is focused on the team and the game and not on tweeting.dixon will be one of the last people cut but he will be cut, rock will stay and on the week before green bay will be named captain of special teams

Rock looked good in GM 1, but Dixon looked better in GM 2
Dixon only makes this team if there is an injury.

There are too many position where the Niners would like to keep an extra guy (WR, Safety) for the Niners to keep a 5th HB, even if he can play FB. Hell, the Niners probably would like to keep Reuland at TE as well but may be stuck.
Come September Dixon will be a Seahawk. And you can take that to the bank.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
both

Originally posted by Marvin49:

There are too many position where the Niners would like to keep an extra guy (WR, Safety) for the Niners to keep a 5th HB, even if he can play FB. Hell, the Niners probably would like to keep Reuland at TE as well but may be stuck.

with the injuries to Jacobs and James, I believe Dixon will have plenty of playing time in the final 2 games to shine and outplay Rock IMO.
I think they are the same player.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

with the injuries to Jacobs and James, I believe Dixon will have plenty of playing time in the final 2 games to shine and outplay Rock IMO.
he will have plenty of chances but he will not take advantage of them in my opinion
Dixon
Dixon need to unlace the ballerina shoes and get a pair of cleats
Stop the crazy tweets
Shave his head bald
No more auditioning for dancing with the stars,and hit that hole
dixon is not a power back
dixon has 0 balance
dixon dances too much still
randy moss can play fullback but doesn't mean he should, much like Dixon should not, he blocked his own damn teammate one play.
and the most I remember about dixon and special teams is that he played it and danced a lot before a kick off
[ Edited by RonMexico on Aug 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
dixon is not a power back
dixon has 0 balance
dixon dances too much still
randy moss can play fullback but doesn't mean he should, much like Dixon should not, he blocked his own damn teammate one play.
and the most I remember about dixon and special teams is that he played it and danced a lot before a kick off
that sums up the career of dixon pretty well I think. I also like the fact that rock is a established well respected vet in the locker room. There is a reason why he was signed and it was not to be cut in favor of dixon
Share 49ersWebzone