LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Lamicheal James lacklusterness....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's extremely early BUT who else is "prematurely" bummed about what they are observing so far when it comes to James. First and formost his frame is discouraging, he seems like a boy amongst men out there to say the least.

Even though its only the 2nd preseason game and he is getting very limited touches, the quickness from college just doesnt seem like it's going to translate to the NFL that easyly. His vison and patience is starting to concern/irritate me.

I loved the pick and still do and I think eventually he will be fine once the game slows down for him,but I have learned 1 thing when it comes to these ROOKS and playing the RB position YOU EITHER GOT IT OR YOU DONT SORT OF LIKE THE QB POSITION!!! When Hunter was drafted you can see the minute he stepped on the field, the vision, incredible explosion and patience. Do you guys remember when he broke for the 50+ yard TD when we played the Faiders in preseason?

Unlike humbling Kendal Hunter, I think LaMicheal James is full of himself and that is playing a part in his unimpressive preseason campaign thus far. Reality is starting to hit him, that in the NFL you will not get by solely on potential and talent!

P.S. Why the hell is Cartwright getting more carries then James anyway? Isn't Cartwright suppose to be just a "special team ace" replacing Constanzo?

....Discuss
[ Edited by CripplinYaStyle on Aug 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM ]
If there is one thing any of us should have learned by now is that you should not try and interperet what the staff is doing by watching preseason games.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
If there is one thing any of us should have learned by now is that you should not try and interperet what the staff is doing by watching preseason games.

The staff is holding them back !!!
Originally posted by CripplinYaStyle:
Unlike humbling Kendal Hunter, I think LaMicheal James is full of himself and that is playing a part in his unimpressive preseason campaign thus far. Reality is starting to hit him, that in the NFL you will not get by solely on potential and talent!

This confirms you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
  • bfree
  • Veteran
7 Carries? How in the world can you be disappointed after 7 carries? That isn't enough of a sample size to even come close to having an opinion one way or another or imply a trend. Not to mention he is averaging about 5 yards a carry on those 7 carries, which is well above average by NFL standards. You can't get a 50+ yard run every game...

EDIT:
Hunter's first 7 carries last preseason: 29 yards, long of 13.
James: 34 yards, long of 11.

Oh yes it was soooo apparent that Hunter had the "it" factor and James does not in their early appearances...
[ Edited by bfree on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM ]
anthony dixon tore s**t up a couple years in a row in preseason....now look at him
Originally posted by bfree:
7 Carries? How in the world can you be disappointed after 7 carries? That isn't enough of a sample size to even come close to having an opinion one way or another or imply a trend. Not to mention he is averaging about 5 yards a carry on those 7 carries, which is well above average by NFL standards. You can't get a 50+ yard run every game...

i can in madden. Didnt you know that is the standard of realism and ability?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bfree:

He has 7 carries for 39 yards, what do you want the guy to do when he touches the ball 3 times per game?
[ Edited by ImaMod on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM ]
Yup 4.8 ypc. He's doing great

I don't see LaMichael as full of himself. He is confident that through hard work he can play in the NFL. It seems like that was always been his attitude from college. In a couple of his interviews before TC he mentioned knowing the playbook and just working hard in practice and everything will come into place for him eventually through hard work. Being a rookie he realize he doesn't know everything yet but at the same time confident that he and the coaches will get it going.

I think some guys are just disappointed that they didn't see something amazing from LaMichael like they did in his college highlights. You have to realize, right now these you guys are just trying to know where to be and where to go during the game. Same goes with Jenkins. Once they know, then their natural talent will take over. Even with Hunter -- he didn't show much in his first preseason. Contributed in the regular season last year. But now even early in the last 2 preseason games, he looks like an established RB.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • fly15
  • Veteran
he needs a coach that actually knows the position
Originally posted by fly15:
he needs a coach that actually knows the position

Share 49ersWebzone