There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else concerned

Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
What led you to this conclusion?

probably the exotic blitz packages they were bringing every single down alex played...

They bring those blitz packages because there is no fear of #11 beating them with their arm. The second Kaep came in, still playing the first string defense the blitzing slowed down. I'm just saying, #11 is one dimensional and that dimension is a 4-5 yard dump off and once in a blue moon something like a seem route. He would rather hit the safe pass underneath than try something bold. It sucks to have a QB like that, boring football to watch.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

probably the exotic blitz packages they were bringing every single down alex played...

They bring those blitz packages because there is no fear of #11 beating them with their arm. The second Kaep came in, still playing the first string defense the blitzing slowed down. I'm just saying, #11 is one dimensional and that dimension is a 4-5 yard dump off and once in a blue moon something like a seem route. He would rather hit the safe pass underneath than try something bold. It sucks to have a QB like that, boring football to watch.

last year he had one of the best passer ratings in football against the blitz (3rd)

he also had i believe 7 TDs against the blitz

i seriously hate it when people overreact to a stupid preseason game
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Aug 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
You might get a few more down field passes but don't expect a dramatic increase with an ultra conservative QB. It's just not Alex's game.

and its not the west coast way

This isnt walsh's wco.

I recall luck throwing it down at stanford
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
last year he had one of the best passer ratings in football against the blitz (3rd)

he also had i believe 7 TDs against the blitz

i seriously hate it when people overreact to a stupid preseason game

Yeah, but he doesn't chuck it deep to his awesome weapons of Crabsnail, Swain, and Hastings!

Originally posted by toeshawn:
This isnt walsh's wco.

I recall luck throwing it down at stanford

Stanford does run a pro system that does not ask Luck to throw deep often, preferring more of a West Coast attack.
although that is from a blacherreport site

but also http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/nfl/2012/03/luck-silences-doubts-about-throwing-arm-strength-pro-day-drills?category=56

people doubted his arm strength before his proday because he didnt throw it deep much
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I didn't mean he did it all the time, just that I've seen him do it
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for DirtyP.
you have to game plan for that type of situation. you cant just pick up a blitz without ever seeing film on them. our QB performed just fine. It was the Offenseive line that did poorly, and rightfully so. They didnt game plan for this game at all, period.

Stop overreacting.

I am not overreacting at all. A QB can battle the blitz himself as well you know. Its not all on the oline. Game plan or no game plan every player is accountable for a large part of their own performance.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Aug 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM ]

You are so wrong it's scary.
Not concerned at all.
The missed tackles are the only thing concerning me so far.
[ Edited by strickac on Aug 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM ]

Goddam boring 13 wins.
It was a road game, pretty loud, a bit of adversity. We aren't gonna blow teams out left and right all the sudden.

The Texans have a good defense and a much better offense than the Vikings. It was a good test, and the team has some things to work on. We'll be fine.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Forgive my criticism of #11 but do you deem him above average? I'm just sayin. I love the 49ers, always have, always will but the qb position has been below average for about 8 years. Defense has been stout for a while, elite last year but according to most nfl commentators not on the zone seem the qb position the "weakest link"
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Forgive my criticism of #11 but do you deem him above average? I'm just sayin. I love the 49ers, always have, always will but the qb position has been below average for about 8 years. Defense has been stout for a while, elite last year but according to most nfl commentators not on the zone seem the qb position the "weakest link"

Just cause you say things like this...

"He would rather hit the safe pass underneath than try something bold."

And then I think about all the deep balls he threw to Vernon in the Saints & Giants games last year.

Everyone seems to forget that we lost almost every receiver to injury last year. Crabs, Kyle Williams, and Swain are not going to destroy defenses.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home