Not a member? Register Now!

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by RonMexico:
time for gore and hunter to go down

please tell me you mean 'go down' as in 'go down the field'

Against denver, I'd like to see better pass defense from our corners. We allowed some big plays the past 2 games.
Would like to see improved oline play.

Would like to see alex show us this mythical ability to get the ball down field (not saying it doesnt happen in practice) it would just feel good to see it myself
I'll be at this game! My GF bought me tickets for my birthday and packaged it as a gift labeled the triple B (BBB)... Beers, BJs and Broncos. Of course I'll be wearing my Willis jersey... Throughout ALL of the gifts haha.
i dont care if they show the vertical passing game at all in the entire preseason. better to catch everyone surprised in the regular season if they think we cant do it
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I hope Alex plays for 3 qtrs, see what he can do with the new weapons
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont care if they show the vertical passing game at all in the entire preseason. better to catch everyone surprised in the regular season if they think we cant do it

On the fence for this one. I really would love for us to come out and show teams we can pass the ball deep effectively... but... I guess I can appreciate the element of surprise when games matter only. Guess I'll be pleased and disappointed either way then.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Based on practice reports, we are doing a crap-ton of deep pass work. I'm not at all surprised to see us in pre-season only working on establishing what everybody already knows about the WCO -- running and the underneath and intermediate game. Better to keep what other teams don't know a secret as long as possible, than use it to win meaningless pre-season games.
Originally posted by fly15:
I hope Alex plays for 3 qtrs, see what he can do with the new weapons

I would expect Alex to play the full first half in this one. Then Ck7 takes most or all of the 3rd... then 4th quarter is split between J.J. and Tolzien.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
I hope we win just so i dont have to listen to Seahawk fans since they won yesterday.
It may be a lil too optimistic even premature but i would like to see those deep passes happen during real situations (preseason too) as well as read about what happend during practice.

Opportunity is what it is.....take advantage when they happen
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by sfout:
This - First half and nothing more. Give Kaepernick the 3rd and try and split the 4th between Tolzien and Johnson.

After the Jacobs and James injury we might be a little weary of leaving "key players" in for too long though.

I'd agree with this... also even though it's the 3rd game and somewhat a dress rehearsal look at last year where we lost 30-7 at home to the Texans. We shouldn't be risking guys like Justin, Ahmad, Aldon, Patrick, Navorro, etc,etc... get them a few series and get them out of there. Same with Gore and Hunter.. if James is healthy give him a good chunk of carries... might be forced to give Cartwright and Dixon a bunch as well. I'd rather be a little rusty to start the Packers game than have a bunch of guys injured.

This. We absolutely NEED Hunter this year, IMO much more than Gore. He is proving to be a stud workhorse in this offense. I predict that by midseason he will have overtaken Gore as the "starter" or the guy who gets more touches per game.
Originally posted by 5280High:
I'll be at this game! My GF bought me tickets for my birthday and packaged it as a gift labeled the triple B (BBB)... Beers, BJs and Broncos. Of course I'll be wearing my Willis jersey... Throughout ALL of the gifts haha.

Bj during the game while drinking a beer?
I detest the Broncos. I'd also like them to clock Manning. More importantly, we have to avoid any more injuries. Which is hard to do when you have people slamming into each other. It's always a tough call on when to take players out of the game. Injuries can happen at anytime. I didn't mean to hurt Manning. Just give him some good shots. They are going to do what they will anyway, no matter what any of us say.
Originally posted by Slash49:
CUT EM UP!!!!!
[ Edited by 49erSooner on Aug 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM ]