LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how did CB Mosley look?
Just was watching the post game press conference.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Press-Pass-Jim-Harbaugh/06418575-6eaf-48b4-8a13-21d6e8935718

Like I figured expect Leonard Davis to be lined up this year as an extra tackle or even at TE like he was this game. That's a lot of beef with:
Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, L. Davis Vernon and add in Sopoaga in the backfield and a WR split out. I'd expect a lot of those type of lines on short yardage.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Just was watching the post game press conference.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Press-Pass-Jim-Harbaugh/06418575-6eaf-48b4-8a13-21d6e8935718

Like I figured expect Leonard Davis to be lined up this year as an extra tackle or even at TE like he was this game. That's a lot of beef with:
Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Boone, Davis, L. Davis Vernon and add in Sopoaga in the backfield and a WR split out. I'd expect a lot of those type of lines on 1st and 15.

Fixed.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Fixed.

I hope not... hopefully that sort of stuff is just us being vanilla during the preseason.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
how did CB Mosley look?

evidently he has done enough to be the lone DB behind Brock. Sounds like they are putting the heat on Brock with Mosley and Michael Thomas (can play #3 CB or safety).
Originally posted by sfout:
evidently he has done enough to be the lone DB behind Brock. Sounds like they are putting the heat on Brock with Mosley and Michael Thomas (can play #3 CB or safety).

To be honest I really haven't even seen Mosley out there much at all in any of the games. I did watch all the games twice but it was live so I couldnt slow it down. I seen Brock and Cox out a lot... then Purvis a bunch... then Nelms a tad and Mosley probably the least.
i think our CBs are
carlos rogers
terrel brown
chris culliver
perrish cox

behind him is a ?
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
how about this

Jim Harbaugh said after the game that Denver was covering the flat routes. If this was a regular season game, the 49ers would have responded with more vertical routes down the field, like the one Vernon Davis ran for a 44-yard touchdown.

i think alex was given clear instructions not to go vertical the only time he did harbaugh was pissed about the onside kick and then whispered something in his ear the next play was a 44 yard pass

Your post makes me feel very good. I think it's 100% accurate as well.

When they went for that onside kick, I said to my Denver-fan friend "Oh god. I can't believe your coach was that stupid. He just pissed off Harbaugh."

then boom, touchdown.

Me, "I f**king told you dude. You better HOPE they take Manning out of the game, holy crap."

and they did
In the press conference Harbaugh said he was glad they did it and it was a good reminder for us because we were leaving early. Meaning the 1st line of defense was already retreating before the ball was kicked.
Listening to Roman on KNBR. He said they weren't really planning on doing the play to Vernon before the game. HAHA. I love Harbaugh. They try to pull some cute little stunt and he throws it back in their face for a 45 yard TD the next play. All of you who have been worried about this preseason for either the defense or the offense should just look at that. We have very good players, but our coaches as a group may be the best in the league. Once they start game planning and preparing for games, look out.

Here Super Bowl thread monster, eat this

2:15 am
F**K PEYTON MANNING
2:35 am and its still up

hmm
Share 49ersWebzone