There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

• Nes49
  • Veteran
They replayed the 11+85 Connection again on 2.
What a waste of space on my DVR.

Kaep looked better though.
Watching preseason Niners is no fun, play calling is boring.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

But Susweel,...IT's FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
What a waste of space on my DVR.

Kaep looked better though.

Kap looked good...
Originally posted by Nes49:

1950's football
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:

1950's football

Off topic...They just called AJ Jenkins the "Wookie" But...U know they REAK ish' will be shown in Green Bat. WHOOOOOOOOOOO
[ Edited by Nes49 on Aug 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM ]
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by okdkid:
We lost our 3rd game of the preseason last year 30-7 to Houston.

Get over preseason performances.

Yep. This "win" only shows how good our depth is now.

So our back ups get credit for good play with vanilla , but our starters get a pass for bad play cause it's vanilla
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

So our back ups get credit for good play with vanilla , but our starters get a pass for bad play cause it's vanilla

No. It's all b******t. It means next to nothing. All of it.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

No. It's all b******t. It means next to nothing. All of it.

pretty much
I've definitly learned something this off-season: Watching pre-season games under Harbaugh, sucks. I guess he wanted to evaluate the line, because I felt like we ran 75 percent of the time, with Rock and Dixon no less. I assume he runs the plays he wants to see in practice, because I dont think you can gain any insight watching the Niners preseason games.
Originally posted by BayArea:
True I wish this pre season would just end already. Hard to believe that kickoff is only two weeks away can't wait.

I'd like to switch it to 3 pre season games. It is amazing though how the NFL has grown so much you will see pre season games nationally broadcast on cbs, fox, nbc. I remember years back they wouldn't put on any pre season games. Then again not like there are many good tv shows on anyways. Even a NFL pre-season game probably gets better ratings than a lot of tv shows. Also, side note but it's cool that they are doing it with regular season. We have football Sunday, Monday, Thursday all year and on Saturday for a few weeks. Plus a Wednesday game to start it off but that's due to the DNC that is on Thursday Sept 6. We'd probably have Saturday football all year long like what they are doing with Thursday if they didn't want to compete with college football.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:

True I wish this pre season would just end already. Hard to believe that kickoff is only two weeks away can't wait.

All of this. The over reactions during pre season/off season is insane. I'll admit I was an over reactor after last years pre season. I thought we'd be a 7-9 team at best and Kaep would be starting by week 4.

I have a feeling, like last season, we'll all look back at our reactions during pre season and giggle a little.

IF I did have ONE or TWO worries from this preseason its:

1) Defense looks a tad slow at times but...no real game prep so that's understandable.

2) Alex is holding the ball a bit longer than I'd like....but I'm willing to attribute that to no game prep as well.

In any case...like you said...we got blown out by the texans last year. These games don't mean s**t. We looked like total bosses in pre season 2006-2010....a whole lot of good that did us.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
All the online articles titled "Manning 2td Throws vs. 49ers"....WE WON THE GAME RIGHT?
Smith to VD-- good for 2-3 TD every game. Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Ginn are all there to make it even that much harder to defend the connection. Moss ain't getting the ball until defense can show they can stop 11 to 85