There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

!!!!!! COMPLETELY REVISED ALL OFFENSIVE DRIVES UP AND IN ONE VIDEO!!!!!!

Originally posted by captain_planet:
You da man.

Agreed!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
observations that goes against the Webzone's Hive Mind...

Colin had a good game...hit receivers in stride. His threat of potentially running with the ball helped James pick up a first down. Him being out there helps the run game in other areas. He did have a brain fart before halftime by making the wrong decision of not throwing the ball for a bomb to the endzone.

Scott Tolzien is fast enough...some make it seem like his a statue or something. He did a great job reading the defense and running for a key first down on 3rd and 5.

Anthony Dixon had a good game. Picked up a huge 1st down on 3rd -8 when we were backed up against our own goal line. Had other runs that showed what he can do when he is not swarmed in the backfield as soon as he touches the ball.

Josh Johnson had a fine game...even though it was against the 3rd & 4th string players.....even though I think he is the odd man out, I'm still looking forward to seeing what he does against the 2nd stringers this week.

This...this is why "watching the tape" is so valuable. Thanks for the observations...
Kaep still raw in the pocket. Go back to the drive after his TD run. At 12.09 on the play clock in the 2nd qtr.

1st and 10: Kaep drops back, playaction pass, had room and time to throw the ball. He never set his feet. He looked downfield but seems to bugged out early with his feet and got sacked. Lost of 6

2nd and 16: Fake handoff to #23 LaMichael, designed roll out, hit Williams for a short gain. This he did well.

3rd and 12: Shotgun with 3step drop. Hitch, hitch. Had time but then threw late to #17 Jenkins. Almost got picked off from defender underneath. (this tells me he may have trouble finding his 2nd target in Jenkins. No way Jenkins route took 3steps and a couple of hitches to complete. Most likely scenario -- he was looking for a deep throw down field -- it wasn't there, he then went to Jenkins but late on the progression)

This drive is telling because it was all passing called. Kaep took a bad sack on 1st down, when he had plenty of time in the pocket to either find his target or throw it away. But instead he tried to run it out early and got caught from behind for a lost of 6. After the 3 and out, the rest of Kaep's drives they seemed to curb his passing by calling mostly handoffs with a couple of nice throws by Kaep. One on a roll out with a laser to Jenkins.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM ]
  • kush
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,649
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kaep still raw in the pocket. Go back to the drive after his TD run. At 12.09 on the play clock in the 2nd qtr.

1st and 10: Kaep drops back, playaction pass, had room and time to throw the ball. He never set his feet. He looked downfield but seems to bugged out early with his feet and got sacked. Lost of 6

2nd and 16: Fake handoff to #23 LaMichael, designed roll out, hit Williams for a short gain. This he did well.

3rd and 12: Shotgun with 3step drop. Hitch, hitch. Had time but then threw late to #17 Jenkins. Almost got picked off from defender underneath. (this tells me he may have trouble finding his 2nd target in Jenkins. No way Jenkins route took 3steps and a couple of hitches to complete. Most likely scenario -- he was looking for a deep throw down field -- it wasn't there, he then went to Jenkins but late on the progression)

This drive is telling because it was all passing called. Kaep took a bad sack on 1st down, when he had plenty of time in the pocket to either find his target or throw it away. But instead he tried to run it out early and got caught from behind for a lost of 6. After the 3 and out, the rest of Kaep's drives they seemed to curb his passing by calling mostly handoffs with a couple of nice throws by Kaep. One on a roll out with a laser to Jenkins.
I think Kaep had a TE on the sack-play, but he does get sacked in < or around 2 seconds.



He'll get more comfortable in the pocket with playing time. And, Scott Tolzien took a very similar sack to the one Kaepernick took, but Tolzien is lauded for his pocket presence and natural passing ability. It's more likely both players are just young and need to get comfortable with live-bullets.
You rock, bro!
Pin this, you are the man good sir
Originally posted by THEB:
i hope the side project is a compiled video of every single one of Alex Smiths deep balls, so i can post it every time someone claims that Alex cant throw over 2 yards.

Well, close enough I guess.

I'm going to be a crazy man and compile a video with every completed pass and run attempt he has.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by THEB:
i hope the side project is a compiled video of every single one of Alex Smiths deep balls, so i can post it every time someone claims that Alex cant throw over 2 yards.

Well, close enough I guess.

I'm going to be a crazy man and compile a video with every completed pass and run attempt he has.

You'd have to be Harbaugh to do that.
Hahaha it would be an honor to be considered even 1/100th as crazy as Harbaugh.

Basically, QB has always been my favorite position to watch and root for and Alex is such an interesting character to study and compare that i figured it would be really nice to see his steady progression as the year goes on. The best way to do that is to have all of the passes/runs back to back to back and watch his mechanics and reads change or stay the same.

Plus I mean, this is bound to be at least a couple hours of material right? Who doesn't want to see that much football?
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Hahaha it would be an honor to be considered even 1/100th as crazy as Harbaugh.

Basically, QB has always been my favorite position to watch and root for and Alex is such an interesting character to study and compare that i figured it would be really nice to see his steady progression as the year goes on. The best way to do that is to have all of the passes/runs back to back to back and watch his mechanics and reads change or stay the same.

Plus I mean, this is bound to be at least a couple hours of material right? Who doesn't want to see that much football?

This is an epic idea! I can't WAIT to hear from the Alex-lovers/haters!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,756
That video is gonna be sweet!

Also, any word when youll have the texans vid up?

This thread needs to be replced by the old one thats still stickied.
The final video is being converted right now. Estimated time at 1 hour and 8 minutes left on that. Which probably means 1 and a half to 2 hours. And then about 20 minutes or so for upload on youtube.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
The final video is being converted right now. Estimated time at 1 hour and 8 minutes left on that. Which probably means 1 and a half to 2 hours. And then about 20 minutes or so for upload on youtube.

gunna sit and wait, lol
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
The final video is being converted right now. Estimated time at 1 hour and 8 minutes left on that. Which probably means 1 and a half to 2 hours. And then about 20 minutes or so for upload on youtube.

gunna sit and wait, lol

me too lol
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
The final video is being converted right now. Estimated time at 1 hour and 8 minutes left on that. Which probably means 1 and a half to 2 hours. And then about 20 minutes or so for upload on youtube.

gunna sit and wait, lol

me too lol

gonna wait while laughing at how dated the honeybadger SN already sounds, lol.