There are 146 users in the forums

49ers sign LB Ikaika Alama-Francis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
They might use him as a 3-4 end. He's a basketball player so he has athleticism. I can't see him standing up at LB.
Agreed.
I-ka-ka dis doot
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM ]
lions picked this guy rite ahead of ryan kalil...what a fail!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i'll support this guy because i'm from hawaii, but i didn't expect him to go second round.

won't make the 53 man roster.....
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Aug 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

i'll support this guy because i'm from hawaii, but i didn't expect him to go second round.

Agreed I'll support him because I'm from Hawaii too and no way I thought he would go in the second round. He was a descent DE in college but he wasn't anything special. Im curious as to how he will adjust to standing up
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Agreed I'll support him because I'm from Hawaii too and no way I thought he would go in the second round. He was a descent DE in college but he wasn't anything special. Im curious as to how he will adjust to standing up

maybe those basketball skills can come in handy standing?
I'm not even excited doe
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
They might use him as a 3-4 end. He's a basketball player so he has athleticism. I can't see him standing up at LB.

Agreed. He has great size for a 3-4 End.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/15/3245827/49ers-sign-ikaika-alama-francis-waive-gijon-robinson

the 49ers are listing him as an outside linebacker in spite of his 290 pounds. That seems awfully large for an OLB, but maybe the 49ers figure they can really just work with him at both OLB and DE. If he is in fact going to be playing OLB, what does this mean? Well, clearly the team decided nine tight ends were probably not necessary, even with Delanie Walker sidelined for now with a knee injury. On the other hand, and slightly more important, this move would seem to indicate Ahmad Brooks will not play this weekend against the Texans. Brooks played last Friday but has been sidelined this week whilewearing a supportive sleeve on his knee. If this does in fact mean Ahmad Brooks won't play this weekend, that would seem to mean Parys Haralson would start on one side, and eitherEric Bakhtiari or Kourtnei Brown would start on the other side. Even though only one of those latter two can start, they would both seem to be in line for a lot of playing time on Saturday.
CHEE HU!!!!! all in all.......its a long shot for Hawaiian to make the team......maybe a couple of years ago.....but not this year......pulling for you HOME TEAM!!!!!

Originally posted by WildBill:
Just a camp body.

This
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I like it. More competition.

more like bringing a spoon to a gun fight

yea, ok...
6-5 290 ???? ....Damn , almost as big as Mario Williams, if he has some skills, Fangio would probably throw him in at DE in the 4-3 and OLB in the 3-4

but like everyone else says , just another camp body .....but who knows , Kurt Warner was bagging groceries when he got a shot
  • cools
  • Veteran
Fleming on his way to IR, Cam Johnson hasnt played and may find his way on PuP/IR
Aldon will recover till September, Brooks needs some rest too

Need bodies out there, Haralson and Bakhtiari cant take all the reps
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
ehhh, gets pushed around easily and seems clumsy.
Share 49ersWebzone