LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

49ers sign LB Ikaika Alama-Francis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alama-Francis (6-5, 290) has played in 35 games (two starts) and recorded 24 tackles, one sack, and one fumble recovery during his five-year NFL career. He was originally a second round selection by the Detroit Lions in the 2007 NFL Draft. Alama-Francis was released by the Lions on September 6, 2009 and later signed by the Miami Dolphins on November 24, 2009. He was released by the Dolphins on March 13, 2012.

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/08/15/49ers-sign-lb-alama-francis/
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Aug 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM ]
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I loved him coming out of college! He was put in a terrible position by being drafted to the Lions when they were laughable.
[ Edited by zomg_its_ryan on Aug 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM ]
meh

hmm, does this mean that Harbaugh / Baalke are dissatisfied with our current OLB situation (minus Aldon and Ahmad, both of which are currently injured). I wonder if there's any chance he makes the team. I doubt it, unless he completely kills it on Saturday.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
camp fodder
Nope, practice fodder.
Nope. preseason fodder.
Just a camp body.
PW is now expendable
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
PW is now expendable

Throw in Bowman.
Would be considered the heaviest LB in the league?....damn I don't think even Levon Kirkland was that big.

I like it. More competition.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I like it. More competition.

more like bringing a spoon to a gun fight
They might use him as a 3-4 end. He's a basketball player so he has athleticism. I can't see him standing up at LB.
Championship
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
will get cut
Share 49ersWebzone