There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would the Dolphins be interested in trading for any of our WR's??

I know I will get fried for this, but the Dolphins are razor thin at WR. They need WR help and might "just might" be willing to give up a low draft pick to get some healthy bodies into camp with 4 weeks to go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000049081/article/dolphins-search-for-chad-johnsons-replacement-at-wr?module=HP11_hot_topics

The Niners are stacked at WR, and rather than let one get picked off with no compensation I would consider any of these options.

Nathan Palmer- 7th round pick- assuming he would not make the PS and picked up on waivers, why not?
Kyle Williams- 6th round pick- brings more NFL experience. Would trade him for a 6th as his contract lenght is short and I think the team has better KR/PR's
Brett Swain- 7th in 2014- need I say more

Now the following are WR's I want to make the roster but would part with for the following draft picks.
1. Ted Ginn- 3rd rounder- want his KR/PR skills, but would part with him for a 3rd rounder
2. Michael Crabtree- 1st rounder- With Manningham and Moss, willing to part with Crabtree for a 1st round pick in the future, probably a high first rounder in 2013.

Go ahead an fry me all you want, just having pre season fun. And as a value based GM, I feel most players have a trade value and can be replaced. When I say "most" I would never trade franchise players like Willis or J. Smith.
Not trading our receivers, lol
We either don't have anyone worth trading for a late-rounder or are better off keeping what we have through August. It's not as if we need another late draft pick, and we are not getting a 3rd or 4th for anyone not named Mike Crabtree or Manningham. Even if we got that much for either, Rio would cost us 2 mil in dead money... Crabtree would cost us substantially more in dead money.

There's just no good reason to explore this further, IMHO. We likely keep 6 good WRs and put another two with nice potential on the PS.
Brett Swain for a 2nd round pick. The guy's stock value went up when the defender had inside position and Brett gave him that stick with his right leg and adjusted to the back shoulder throw from Alex for the TD. I mean come on how many WR's can do that in the league? That is pure talent and skill.

Do you think they will bite on that?
Woah...Someone has already overrated our receiving core 3 weeks into TC....
Trade K. Williams
  • BobS
  • Veteran
No way would I trade Ginn, even if we could get a 3rd rounder for him. With our style of play a solid return man is very important. Do people have short memories? Did you forget Kyle Williams returning punts or worse yet Arnaz Battle?
if they wanted our receivers they'll just wait to pick up whoever we cut. as srsly...ginn for a 3rd and crabs for a 1st? if u were the dolphins GM would u have a straight face if i offered you that trade?
  • cools
  • Veteran
Well if a team is stocked up at a position, it makes sence to see if you can get some value for a player

But the Niners are in position to make a playoff run, and if guys get hurt... a position that looked stacked
can get thin real quick

I could see Palmer getting traded, cause the Niners probably know that
he wont clear waivers enroute to the PS

I wouldnt mess with the top 6 at all
SE- Moss, Mario, Ginn
FL- Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins
Originally posted by BobS:
No way would I trade Ginn, even if we could get a 3rd rounder for him. With our style of play a solid return man is very important. Do people have short memories? Did you forget Kyle Williams returning punts or worse yet Arnaz Battle?
The Dolphins wouldn't revisit Ginn anyways. If you recall Miami drafted him 7th overall and traded him to us.
if Palmer explodes in the preseason I wouldnt mind dealing him to the fins for like a 5th or 6th
NO because they will be able to sign them after we cut them.

CMON MAN!
The Ted Ginn suggestion. They draft him with the 9th overall pick. He is a huge disappointment. They trade him to us for a 5th. And now they should give up a high 3rd to get him back.

Actually for his return skills I wouldn't take a 3rd. We already have a bucket-load of picks. But funny suggestion!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by BobS:
The Dolphins wouldn't revisit Ginn anyways. If you recall Miami drafted him 7th overall and traded him to us.
What I meant was I would not trade Ginn to anybody. If he stays healthy we have a top notch return man for 5+ years.
A team trading for Nathan Palmer? Folks on this site are comical some days. Put this right there with trading Nate Davis.