LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Scott Tolzien vs Josh Johnson for #3 QB position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Seriously, 4 years in the league and Johnson is still battling with Undrafted free agents. Fools gold, I already seen what Johnson is like with live bullets coming at him in a REAL game. I hope they leave the #3 spot to the young guy in Tolzien. Tolzien was still out there standing in the pocket till the last minute trying to deliver a pass and also showed again that he can read a defense.

This is hilarious. Alex Smith was in the NFL for 7 years before he started looking like a legitimate NFL player. What Johnson did last night with both his legs and his arm blows anything Tolzien has put on tape thus far in his career out of the water. The cream rises to the top and that is the message Harbaugh has always preached. After last night cutting Johnson and keeping Tolzien would send a disturbing message to the rest of the locker room.

lol.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
i'm specifically commenting on JJ's performance. i watched him in TB and and thru this preseason. i'm not comparing him to anyone.

why is everyone is trying to create a divide between fans of this team? it's childish and ridiculous.

especially over a 3rd/4th string quarterback. good lord
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
This is hilarious. Alex Smith was in the NFL for 7 years before he started looking like a legitimate NFL player. What Johnson did last night with both his legs and his arm blows anything Tolzien has put on tape thus far in his career out of the water. The cream rises to the top and that is the message Harbaugh has always preached. After last night cutting Johnson and keeping Tolzien would send a disturbing message to the rest of the locker room.

i respect all posters but do you really believe what you just said at the end... cutting a 3rd /4th string quarterback will mean nothing in the locker room and will not be the scurge of our team. i just can not believe i read that!!!
JJ continues to overthrow the deep ball. he did it in TB and he's done it in every preseason game with the Niners. and if it wasn't for a fantastic catch by Konrad Reuland, he would have thrown not one but two short screens into the dirt.

The whole team overthrows the deep ball what are you talking about? Do you even watch the games like you claim? At least JJ ATTEMPTS to throw deep. Tolzein only throws 5-15 yards. Have you seen him try to throw downfield?? Oh yeah it was UNDERTHROWN. Did you see Alex connect to a wide open Kyle Williams in the championship game? No you didn't because the OVERTHREW him. And don't talk about throwing into the dirt cause Kap threw the hitch into the dirt which was the same play JJ threw the TD with.
[ Edited by BleedRednGold on Aug 31, 2012 at 10:28 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
JJ continues to overthrow the deep ball. he did it in TB and he's done it in every preseason game with the Niners. and if it wasn't for a fantastic catch by Konrad Reuland, he would have thrown not one but two short screens into the dirt.

The whole team overthrows the deep ball what are you talking about? Do you even watch the games like you claim? At least JJ ATTEMPTS to throw deep. Tolzein only throws 5-15 yards. Have you seen him try to throw downfield?? Oh yeah it was UNDERTHROWN. Did you see Alex connect to a wide open Kyle Williams in the championship game? No you didn't because the OVERTHREW him. And don't talk about throwing into the dirt cause Kap threw the hitch into the dirt which was the same play JJ threw the TD with.

calm down, dude. like i said before, these are my criticisms of JJ. i'm not talking about any other QB.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i respect all posters but do you really believe what you just said at the end... cutting a 3rd /4th string quarterback will mean nothing in the locker room and will not be the scurge of our team. i just can not believe i read that!!!

Lol this is coming from a guy who thought Rock Cartwright was going to be a huge addition to the chemistry of the team.

When one guy plays out of his mind and the other guy struggles for the third straight game and you keep the guy who hasn't performed what do you think that tell the other backups about their roles on the team? Part of motivating 53 guys to play is about making sure they all realize that they earned their spot on the team.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Are we comparing two QBs or just trying to bash JJ?

Who do you think had more poor throws... Johnson or Tolzien?

i'm specifically commenting on JJ's performance. i watched him in TB and and thru this preseason. i'm not comparing him to anyone.

why is everyone is trying to create a divide between fans of this team? it's childish and ridiculous.

Umm... is this the "Scott Tolzien vs Josh Johnson for #3 QB" thread or am I in the wrong room?

You need to chill, Bro. I used the universal "I'm teasing you." emoticon.

There's no need to start using derogatory language about me or my posts.
lol.

If you don't keep the guys that have earned their way onto the team the rest of the team loses respect for the coach. Anyone who has ever coached a team knows that.
calm down, dude. like i said before, these are my criticisms of JJ. i'm not talking about any other QB.

Well before you criticize you need to look at the OVERALL facts and not just single out one person for doing something that everyone else on the team does.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Well before you criticize you need to look at the OVERALL facts and not just single out one person for doing something that everyone else on the team does.

i'm well aware of how other players are performing. and yes, i can specifically criticize a single player for something he's done over more than one preseason. neither Smith, CK, nor Tolzien played for the Bucs. so bringing them into my criticism of JJ is irrelevant.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Lol this is coming from a guy who thought Rock Cartwright was going to be a huge addition to the chemistry of the team.

When one guy plays out of his mind and the other guy struggles for the third straight game and you keep the guy who hasn't performed what do you think that tell the other backups about their roles on the team? Part of motivating 53 guys to play is about making sure they all realize that they earned their spot on the team.
you are right about rock and i admit it as it looks like he will not make it. He has a proven track record of being a good vet in the locker room. On the other hand to hint that JH will cause some kind of planet disturbance in the locker room if he cuts a 3rd 4th string quarterback is just laughable in my opinion.. also players need to know and if they do not know it already with his coach.. its not a democracy, the inmates do not run the asylum and I am pretty sure the coach is not worried about the locker room if he cuts either one
i'm well aware of how other players are performing. and yes, i can specifically criticize a single player for something he's done over more than one preseason. neither Smith, CK, nor Tolzien played for the Bucs. so bringing them into my criticism of JJ is irrelevant.

And bringing JJ's performance from the Bucs into discussion of his performance of the niners is irrelevant also. He played better than Tolzein in THIS preseason. So based on performance like normal evaluations are based on, Tolzein is outta here!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

And bringing JJ's performance from the Bucs into discussion of his performance of the niners is irrelevant also. He played better than Tolzein in THIS preseason. So based on performance like normal evaluations are based on, Tolzein is outta here!

we're done because you still don't understand what i'm saying. good day.

We are done. I don't understand nonsense. Stick to moderating.
[ Edited by BleedRednGold on Aug 31, 2012 at 10:58 AM ]

We are done. I don't understand nonsense. Stick to moderating.
Share 49ersWebzone