LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

QB depth chart after 4th preseason game.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
sup with all that tolzien talk now?
I TOLD U JACKASSES TOLZIEN WAS A BUM AND WOULD BE CUT. NOW HOPEFULLY U GUYS WILL SHUT UP ABOUT THIS BUM.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Anyone who has watched the entire preseason and thinks the order is anything other than Smith, Kaep, Johnson, Tolzien is a blind homer. Tolzien gets cut and likely makes it to the ps imo.

Homer? Because they disagree with you? Think not.
Originally posted by Youngb:
If Tolzien gets........

Did Tolzien gets yet? Oh please, say it be so..?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Anyone who has watched the entire preseason and thinks the order is anything other than Smith, Kaep, Johnson, Tolzien is a blind homer. Tolzien gets cut and likely makes it to the ps imo.

Homer? Because they disagree with you? Think not.
Because to disagree with me is to disagree with reality. Think so.

Tolzien has led to the least amount of points. Has the most turnovers. Has the lowest rating.
After the 4th preseason game:

A. Smith
C. Kaep.
J. J.

S. Tolzien cut
You guys need to think llike the front office. The third string qb is off of potential, and one that makes close to the league minimum. Why would you pay anyone a million a year to be inactive??

Scott Tolzien wins the #3 qb job due to his favorable contract.

7/28/2011: Signed a three-year, $1.408 million contract. The deal included a $12,500 signing bonus. 2012: $465,000, 2013: $555,000, 2014: Restricted Free Agent
Tolzien still has more experience in the offense than Joshn Johnson. And has more long term potential. He is still good right now to me. I go with Tolzien.
Yah, I was a Tolzien fan and I'll eat crow after this game. Still, I could see 1 of two things happening...

Cut him and send him to the PS.

or

If JJ/Baalke like him and see past this performance, they could see "upside" to him and keep him around. This is, however, a long shot.

Most likely bye-bye ST (to the PS, that is)
Originally posted by 9erred:
You guys need to think llike the front office. The third string qb is off of potential, and one that makes close to the league minimum. Why would you pay anyone a million a year to be inactive??

Scott Tolzien wins the #3 qb job due to his favorable contract.

7/28/2011: Signed a three-year, $1.408 million contract. The deal included a $12,500 signing bonus. 2012: $465,000, 2013: $555,000, 2014: Restricted Free Agent

This. The only possibility I'm seeing (in regards to why they'd justify keeping Tolzien)

JJ was brought in to compete for the #2. Not be third string. Even if he wins the #3 job, it's a step back for him. I see this as an audition for him to be traded, or perhaps Harbaugh telling him (and Tolzien) the plan ahead of time, and giving him an opportunity to go out there and get signed by another team.

JJ gets traded - Yeah!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Feel threatened fanboys that boy CK7 coming for that starting job.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Feel threatened fanboys that boy CK7 coming for that starting job.

not this year, maybe next year depending on what alex and the team does this year. I know of no credible source who is saying CK is now competing for the starting job but unlike you,, i do not have my hand on the pulse of inside information in regards to the team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
JJ gets traded - Yeah!
If the race with jj and scotty is neck and neck i would assume last night tilted the scales in favor of jj. I understand those who say scotty is younger and has more potential but you know its what you do on the field that counts
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FRANKBLANCO415:
I TOLD U JACKASSES TOLZIEN WAS A BUM AND WOULD BE CUT. NOW HOPEFULLY U GUYS WILL SHUT UP ABOUT THIS BUM.

Share 49ersWebzone