There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How will the Niners win at GB in game one?

Originally posted by BillWalsh:
I think a big first impression is key. If we win the toss, choose to return it and march down the field utilizing the run game, play action passes, and a deep shot to Moss or Vernon Davis, score a TD on the first drive and set the tone for the game and the season. If they win the toss, they will almost certainly want to score first so they accept to return, and we need to shut them down, an exotic blitz on first down, Green Bay likes to pass, pressure Rodgers from the first play, try and cause a turnover, or hold them to a 3 and out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won the toss and deferred. It seems like Harbaugh to say, "Let me show you what our strength can do to your strength. It's gonna be a long day, ladies."
Originally posted by VA49er:
The answer is either

A: Scoring more points than Green Bay.
or
B: Holding Green Bay to less points than we score.

I'm not sure what the differences but I don't have a degree in broadcasting.
As a matter of fact I didn't. I probably should have. Then I would know the answer.

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by VA49er:
The answer is either

A: Scoring more points than Green Bay.
or
B: Holding Green Bay to less points than we score.

I'm not sure what the differences but I don't have a degree in broadcasting.
An you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night???
Run it down their throats.

/thread
Originally posted by pelos21:
Run it down their throats.

/thread

This.

Oh, and with a kick ass D!
The Niners have a massive chip on their shoulder after last season. Defense goes elite.
Who's got it better than us............not the pack, not this game
The GB game is going to be tough to win. A good QB, home town, first game of the season...lot of time to prepare. The key, obviously, is to rattle Rodgers from the start. I think the 49ers did that to Brees last season, so some of that again. Easier said than done.
The Lions game will be tough too, but given our first home game, the balance shifts a bit...I see a better chance of winning that one.

If the 49ers win the first two...lookout!!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think the above posters are right and that is why I wanted to go to GB over having to beat NYG a second time. I felt GB was too one dimensional on offense and miserable on defense. I feel that NO had the most complete offense in football last year as far as the run and the pass whereas all GB really did was pass the ball really really well (and we survived NO and held them to 17 pts with under 5 mins to go). This plays right into what we want defensively. We take away the run and make you pass a lot while putting pressure on your qb to not mess up. We turn squads into a pass offense and against GB we should have a one dimensional offense from the get go. We will win some battles and lose some but I think we can keep the pack under 25 points with a summer to prepare for a pass only offense while possessing one of the league's best defenses. I am more concerned as to how GB defense will stop us from pounding the rock down their throats while being forced to account for our various weapons on the outside, fast TEs, speed deep down field, weapons in space, jumbo personnel, one of the the league's elite rushing attacks, and a QB that can run for chunks of yardage at the same time (rodgers can sneakily pose problems for our defense with his scrambling ability also). With the dizzying and endless possibilities that our players and coaches have at their disposal and the summer finally to prepare for one game, the pack will have a tougher task on defense than us. I think Rodgers oftentimes help them in the passing game because he scrambles well which forces teams with lesser defenses to have a player account for him. We should have he team speed and relentless pursuers to limit that within our normal scheme though. I am interested in seeing if we can get it done. We start 2-0 vs DET and GB, there will be a lot of haters shivering in their boots

I really like this post and couldn't agree more. They dont have an O-line that can compete with our front 4. I expect both Smith brothers to have a moster night. I just dont see how they will stop those two without over committing? Even if they do, Ray Mac and Brooks are good enough to beat the one on one match ups. I'm calling Rogers on Nelson, while Cully and Brown hold down the outsides. I also think Cox is good enough to cover the fourth reciever..And of course P.Willy will be smothering Finnely. That leaves Bowman to shadow anyone coming out of the back field, which will be cake (compare to Sproles) for the All-pro.

I'm not worried about our offense. We aren't dominant, but we are methodical. GB's O wont be on the field enough to score big points. Harbaugh is a football genius and I think we've only seen the tip of the icebuerg with him.
27-14
control the T.O.P
We have to use the same formula we used all of last season. Win with defense and ST and make sure the offense doesn't make mistakes. That being said, this is gonna be a tough game and I wouldn't be upset with a close loss.

It's @ GB, home opener, and against Aaron Rodgers. Arguably the toughest game on our schedule.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
I think a big first impression is key. If we win the toss, choose to return it and march down the field utilizing the run game, play action passes, and a deep shot to Moss or Vernon Davis, score a TD on the first drive and set the tone for the game and the season. If they win the toss, they will almost certainly want to score first so they accept to return, and we need to shut them down, an exotic blitz on first down, Green Bay likes to pass, pressure Rodgers from the first play, try and cause a turnover, or hold them to a 3 and out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we won the toss and deferred. It seems like Harbaugh to say, "Let me show you what our strength can do to your strength. It's gonna be a long day, ladies."
But I believe Harbaugh thinks the offense can be just as much of a strength. I think a quick 7 points on them shows them we mean business. But then again we are so good on defense that if we did defer, we can stop them quite quickly and get the ball back to the offense.
is it too early for a niners 1st offensive play vs packers thread?
It's possible we could be 0 - 1 and still end up with a good season. That being said I hope we win. It's just not a good draw for game 1 IMO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's possible we could be 0 - 1 and still end up with a good season. That being said I hope we win. It's just not a good draw for game 1 IMO.

Yea. It's a tough game. We won tough games on the road last year though (@ DET, @ Philly). I think we can win, but I don't expect to...and it's not a big deal if we lose.