1) Defense is better than last year--more turn overs and fewer points scored against.
2) Offense starts a bit choppy but becomes fluid by week four, and scores more TDs in the RZ.
3) Running backs used more on screens and short routes, giving Smith more options.
4) Smith winds up with better stats and is a solid leader on offense.
5) Jamie Dukes finds a way to disparage Smith each week despite teams success.
*Footnote: 14-2 and a Super Bowl ring!
**Footnote 2: Don't forget to tune into NFLN Special--Jamie Dukes' "How Alex Smith Almost Cost the 49ers the Super Bowl." Erring February 29th.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM ]