LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Your 5 Predictions for the 2012 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought this would be fun. Make 5 predictions for the 2012 season and let's see which of them come true over the course of the year. They can be big predictions or incredibly small ones. Whatever you want.

Here's mine.

1.) Alex Smith improves his yardage and completion percentage totals. He throws more TDs, more INTs, more yards. Overall, he looks improved but is still relatively risk-averse, and the best option for a run-first offense.
2.) Frank Gore goes over 1000 yards, but barely. The 49ers runningback-by-committee does well.
3.) 49ers win 12+ games.
4.) Defense isn't *as* good, but still a top defense. (Hard to replicate their monster year last year)
5.) Aldon Smith a front-runner for Defensive Player of Year.

Finish?: 49ers beat Ravens in Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I thought this would be fun. Make 5 predictions for the 2012 season and let's see which of them come true over the course of the year. They can be big predictions or incredibly small ones. Whatever you want.

Here's mine.

1.) Alex Smith improves his yardage and completion percentage totals. He throws more TDs, more INTs, more yards. Overall, he looks improved but is still relatively risk-averse, and the best option for a run-first offense.
2.) Frank Gore goes over 1000 yards, but barely. The 49ers runningback-by-committee does well.
3.) 49ers win 12+ games.
4.) Defense isn't *as* good, but still a top defense. (Hard to replicate their monster year last year)
5.) Aldon Smith a front-runner for Defensive Player of Year.

Finish?: 49ers beat Ravens in Super Bowl.

I like your thinking.

1) I agree that the defense might not be as good statistically, but I think they will almost certainly be better in terms of "ability". In other words, they will have superior mental and physical ability on the field this season. Whether or not that leads to statistics, who knows?

2) I see why you would think that with Gore. Not enough footballs to go around.

3) If our offense is clicking we can have another big season, but the offense would have to be more than just efficient.

4) I really like the idea of Alex Smith putting up "bigger" numbers. Some people scoff at the importance of putting up big numbers, but they are just as important as being efficient. I would like it if he sacrificed a little efficiency for more yards and TD's.

5) Aldon Smith is the truth.
1) jaguars/browns both finish above 500.
2) alex smith has a breakout season similar to drew brees before he left san diego
3) tebow leads jets to the playoffs
4) patriots dont make playoffs
5) packers dont make playoffs

SUPERBOWL PREDICTION

CHARGERS VS EAGLES ...

honerable mention

49ers will win the wildcard , lose to philly in the divisional
1) we will win at least 12 games
2) Vernon D. will lead the team in receptions
3) Crabtree will lead the team in yards and will be above 1,000
4) We will be the reason for at least one HC firing (bye bye carrol after w16)
5) Alex Smith to Moss for the Super Bowl winning TD

Originally posted by ilikecows699:
1) jaguars/browns both finish above 500.
2) alex smith has a breakout season similar to drew brees before he left san diego
3) tebow leads jets to the playoffs
4) patriots dont make playoffs
5) packers dont make playoffs

SUPERBOWL PREDICTION

CHARGERS VS EAGLES ...

honerable mention

49ers will win the wildcard , lose to philly in the divisional

Patriots have the easiest schedule in the league this year.

And Tim Tebow, the Jags, and Browns are awful.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Aug 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM ]
HERE YOU GO...

1. The division is a toss-up heading into December, with the 49ers final three games being absolutely crucial to winning the division. The Seahawks will be in the running. The SNF game in New England will have the Patriots going after home field advantage while the 49ers fight for their playoff lives.

2. The 49ers will not finish better than 10-6.

3. Kendall Hunter will be the "starting" running back by the end of the year, and LaMichael James won't be used as much as everyone hopes he will be.

4. The 49ers will get blown out in New Orleans coming off a short week.

5. Your surprise blowout? The 49ers nearly shut out the New York Jets and the mainstream media goes even more apes**t for Tebow.
49ers go 16-0 and win the superbowl.
1 .Patrick Willis Defensive player of the year.
2. Vernon Davis has 1000 yards receiving.
3. 49ers will get a 1st round playoff bye.
4. We'll be the #1 rushing team in the league.
5. Tim Tebow will get Rex Ryan fired this year! LOL
5b. The Raiders will have another crappy season. ;0)
Top 5 49er predictions for 2012:

1. Crabtree tops 1,000 yards
2. Ahmad Brooks tops 10 sacks
3. Soap gets a receiving TD
4. Alex throws for 25 TDs and 10 INTs
5. 49ers beat the Packers in Week 1 by 10 points (Final score: 27-17). You heard it hear first.

Top 5 NFL predictions for 2012:

1. Darren McFadden leads the league in rushing
2. Tom Brady becomes league MVP
3. Saints miss the playoffs
4. Seahawks tank and Pete Carroll gets fired
5. Tim Tebow comes out of the closet (Just kidding... Tim Tebow won't come out of the closet until he's been out of the NFL for at least two years. And, yes, it'll be to promote his recently published autobiography.)
[ Edited by BurritoSmuggler on Aug 8, 2012 at 2:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
1 .Patrick Willis Defensive player of the year.
2. Vernon Davis has 1000 yards receiving.
3. 49ers will get a 1st round playoff bye.
4. We'll be the #1 rushing team in the league.
5. Tim Tebow will get Rex Ryan fired this year! LOL
5b. The Raiders will have another crappy season. ;0)

Totally agree about Rex Ryan. I think he's getting fired this year too

1. Vernon Davis gets 1000 yards and 10+ TDs
2. Michael Crabtree has a 1,000 yard season
3. Alex Smith throws for 28 TDs
4. Aldon Smith gets 18 sacks
5. Tarell Brown is a pro bowler
1) Smiths passing numbers will be all around better

2) Gore will still be a 1000+ yard rusher in a powerful running game.

3) Crabtree will be the number 1 wideout

4) The defense will be every bit as good as last year

5) Haters gonna keep on hatin'
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
honest, i'm expecting a major letdown season. But that's just me. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
1. Lmj and gore will both run for over 1000. 2. Brandon jacobs will score over 13 tds. 3. V.d will have his best year maybee the best tight end in fnl this year. 4. They will be callint A.S. Alex the great. 5. Aldon justin and willis on the cover of maden eaten seachickens for dinner. Oh yeah and we beat payton and the broncos in the super bowl...
[ Edited by bluecoller49ninerfan on Aug 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM ]
These are my realistic predictions, I wanted to put crazy optimistic stats, but every time I get my hopes up for an NFL season, we fail miserably. This is what I think can realistically happen. (But hope and expect for better):

1.) I see our Defense being #1 against the run again.
2.) I see our secondary getting torched all season, similar to last season because people seem to forget that our secondary was our biggest weakness on defense.
3.) I see our passing offense ranking 15th-12th. Not good, but not bad.
4.) I see our rushing offense being top 10.
5.) 10-6 finish, 3rd seed.

Playoff prediction- Anything can happen, we'll see it when we see it.
Share 49ersWebzone